Volvo V70

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

Paul_Humphreys

Supporter
I am in uk
Mar 1, 2010
Oswestry, Shropshire.
Gav, I have always had 2 cars and I am picking the 120k mile, full service history. 2 owner car up on saturday.

Thanks Rob. I just need a dog guard and load cover for it now.

Paul

sae70

Supporter
I am in uk
Aug 10, 2010
Witham, Essex, United Kingdom
Garage
Gav Peter said:
watch out for alarm failure if Rob's experiences are anything top go by
If you're talking about siren module failiure it's very common particualy around 8 to 12 years of age & if the car is not used very often :) 98% of the time it's the alarm system back up battery Ni-Cds dieing in the siren module & is a really easy fix :) Either use the car more often to keep the Ni-Cds charged or replace the siren modual :D Don't just buy the siren modual from Volvo it's something like £200 or so but instead buy an alarm service kit that has a few odds & sods in it including an siren modual all for about £85 from a chap on the forum http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=99408 :D

Rob

Mar 1, 2010
Bristol
Garage
Must be good on fuel, I have a 2.5 10v which sounds awesome but has not got the go associated with such noise and is a bit thirsty. Still cheaper to run than the 80

Jun 10, 2010
Dubai, U.A.E
Garage
Shame you didn't post earlier you where hunting for a V70.

I took in a nice 99/S plate V70 2.4 20v Auto CD with the electric seats, leather, heated seats, sunroof, etc. In Green with cream leather. It had done slightly more miles than yours though! I drove it for a bit and really liked it, even did 31mpg which I thought wasn't bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks