Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

VSC and ABS warning light won’t go out- intermittently

Thanks Grimbo. Will be another 10 days or so before I will be able to give that a go. Will report back. I’ve got over the “It’s got to go “ stage now and thinking more rationally about the cost of a replacement vehicle compared to the maintenance costs / low depreciation of the LCs.!

How rusty is the thing? Grimo's suggestion is a good one of course!

Mole grips / sturdy pliers would be my first try.

You could also try the old trick of hammering on an old socket thats too small then trying to shift it with that.

A garage will have plenty of options at its disposal!

I still find impact drivers / wrenches amazing for undoing bolts that seem impossible - but obviously you need a decent bit that can grip. Of course if it's totally rusty and you apply too much torque it may snap but thats a whole 'nother story!

3/16" is 4.7mm if you have some imperial allen keys and need 4.5, especially if the bolt is a little bigger from corrosion.

All great suggestions as usual! I can’t do anything for about 10 days so will ponder whether to have a go then or book it into the garage. Will give me time to order a replacement bolt from Mr T anyway. Will report back. Thanks

Picked up a replacement bolt for the front abs sensor from a Toyo dealer I was passing today. Had to be ordered. Issue is that it is not an Allen headed bolt that takes a 5mm hex bit like the existing one but a flanged hex bolt that takes a 5mm socket. Just rang the parts chap there and he said that is what his system is showing for the bolt. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't worry as long as it fits and tightens up properly!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well, new sensor from Roughtrax now fitted. In the end decided to get my garage to do it. Just as well! The mechanic got the rounded Allen key bolt out ok using Grimbo’s method of hammering in a torx bit then using an impact wrench on that. However once the bolt was out he couldn’t get the sensor itself out without drilling it out. But a small piece of it fell into the carrier. So hub off to clean out the broken bits. I was pleasantly surprised that the latter only added 30 mins labour to the job. So another thing sorted! Adrian

Back