Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted: 80 series NSF ABS sensor

Cptsideways

Garage
Anybody got an abs sensor for an 80, 1995 vintage nsf but I think they are all the same?

Happy to Paypal etc

These are a heap of money (£130) and honestly used ones come with little guarantee that they'll work better than yours. But if you take the shim off and replace in the hub, you should get some more use out of it.

That is, if the situation is that you have one already that is getting a bit twitchy.

Chris

Ahh, may be to late for the little chap then. Does the magnet not pick much up at all?

I found that when the magnet goes, you get that 'drrrr' through the ABS when you come to stop but when the sensor or loom fails you get an ABS fault logged in the diagnostics memory.

Chris

I have a similar problem, but got 1 new front sensor (hellish expensive for what it is!), and no different, even after swapping around, and the magnetism seems to be the same as the old ones so I guess the front sensors are ok. not tried the rear ones yet, & assume they are also mega bucks, so will live with it for a bit longer.
Havnt tried the shim trick on the rears yet (if they have shims)

It doesnt do it all of the time & only when slowing to a stop, seems more frequent if also turning at the same time, but that may just be coincidence.

BTW chris, did u sell your injectors?

Andy

Hi Andy, no I didn't sell them in the end. I had such a lot of interest that being completely honest I figured I was selling them too cheaply!

Decided to hang onto them for the moment. Open to negotiations, naturally, but figured they'd do no harm at the back of the spares cupboard. The price of injector tips has gone up by £40 too, so if I was to take the buyer's old injectors I'd have to factor that in the rebuild cost.

People came back to me with prices that they had been quoted to get theirs rebuilt circa £550!

Chris

PS - if you can get the ABS light to come on indicating a fault, then read the codes it will tell you which sensor it is.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We did the fault code thing - its so simple its silly! & cleared it down a few times.

The sensor seems magnetised, perhaps its play in the CV joint/spline end? as it'll set the code 32 (no N/S/F wheel sensor detected) if you turn a corner. So I'm assuming the sensor is working up to that point.

Back