Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

wanted 80 series

Defo mate. Even the big money ones (10k) are just tarted up. Obviously not all of them. There's still bargins to be found

I suspect it was meant to be in good taste (hope it was!!). You are a breaker, when i was growing up we used to go to the junk yard for parts, now we all call it the breakers yard. So that might handle the first part.

Cant help on the overpriced comment though since thats not you either.

You have always been fantastic to deal with, and everything I've had from you has been perfect, and saved the day on several occasions, as you have for many on here.

As Adrian, I couldn't fathom the comment, I can only think it was meant as a joke, perhaps meaning that the 'overpriced junk' cruisers out there are only fit for the breakers. Doesn't make sense otherwise.

Ask Karl - he sells most of it!:thumbup:

I don't think this is any type of dig at Karl in reality, I consider it a tongue in cheek comment perhaps not in the best of taste. Everyone knows Karl has saved the day for a lot of 80 owners myself included but it has to be realised that he does it for money not love. If he didn't we wouldn't have him as a supplier. I've traded with Karl both ways and we have both been satisfied every time but for someone to infer he sells overpriced junk even as a joke is less than considerate and a little offensive in me opinion.

Just my unbiased opinion.

Andy

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

I'm afraid you're completely wrong there, Karls prices are very reasonable and he certainly doesn't sell junk! I think that comment was in very poor taste.

Well, it did have a smiley thumbs up against it, benefit of the doubt and all that.

I'll vouch for Karl anyway, and there's plenty of stories of him venturing out on dark rainy nights to rescue someone in need. There's ready testimony from the majority of the members I'm sure, even if it was meant with less humour.

Keep on trucking Karl :thumbup:

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to start a argument!!
Thing with these truck is they do make good money even in bits.
Lockers alone are worth loads!
I call everything I don't want junk! Only cos I don't want it! Don't mean it is tho.
I'm just looking for a 80 that's ready too rock as I already have enough projects on the go and could do without starting another.
No need to have a go at each other.... We are all toyota lovers here :clap:

Looks to me it was ment as a joke but a message can be read in so many different ways:thumbup:

Its no prob, I've already been contacted by a couple if members and its no problem to bring the portable gallows and the gibbert table to the next Lincomb meeting..........

I have edited my response above.

I read the comment wrongly (as per usual)

Japper,coming on the forum causing trouble ! (Joke)

Thanks to the guys who commented. :thumbup:

At least from now on anyway…[emoji6]

Well played Karl whats funny in campfire banter often loses its humour when shown in print , i have taken the piss once or twice on here and later regretted it thinking i hope that was taken in the friendly fashion it was intended . Just as well Clive can't read :lol:

Well played Karl whats funny in campfire banter often loses its humour when shown in print , i have taken the piss once or twice on here and later regretted it thinking i hope that was taken in the friendly fashion it was intended . Just as well Clive can't read :lol:

I thought it was meant friendly but then I questioned it.

As you said things can be taken the wrong way typing or by text. Sent Glen (IRLGW) a text and all good. Should have known really. Sorry Glen .

I thought it was meant friendly but then I questioned it.

As you said things can be taken the wrong way typing or by text. Sent Glen (IRLGW) a text and all good. Should have known really. Sorry Glen .

Does this mean I can't bring the gallows then??? :icon-biggrin:

Back