Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted manual 80 series

LadyJayne can I ask have you been up to see the cruiser clown as I honestly would like to read one of your reports on his fleet of exceptionally exquisite skips

If by the cruise the clown you are referring to the green Land Cruiser from Kent with the imported LC from the Isle of Man yes I have been to see him didn’t realise he was known to the group? If this is the case I feel I may have earned some of my LC stripes.

The seller had 4 - 80 series Land cruises in various states of disrepair :-/

Pleasant enough chap but didn’t think much of any of his vehicles.

Also regarding the spec someone mentioned I commented about of the Land Cruiser, I wasn’t too bothered that it was poverty spec to quote somebody else on this thread more the fact that it was priced strongly for its overall condition I myself would prefer a cloth interior. for the age of the car it looked too tired inside had a lot of the interior missing - sun visors unscrewed lots of heavy oil stains on the carpets - looked like it was used by a builder and just generally below par for the price, as people know on the group I have a budget which is more than what he was listing his car for it’s not the price spec it’s just getting the right condition one from my personal requirements.

Wrong clown the one I was referring to sells overpriced vehicles with a lifetime guarantee as far as the edge of his property he makes Delboy and Arthur look like priests and he is up north

He was trying to sell a 90 Colorado with a blown head gasket, For £3500 a while back.... Every time i went up to his Yard/ Car wash, He was never there.... Yes a lot of 80's are overpriced, I dont think the perfect 80 at the right price exists anymore..... The seller will always want too much/ The buyer always wants it Cheaper/ And there will always be something wrong with the Truck, They are at that age now...... If i were to sell mine id want £7 grand... But its got 335000 on the clock, Would any body in the right mind Part with 7grand for a truck With that mileage? No probably Not.. Or they would use the Mileage as a haggling point.... Im not saying Mine is worth 7grand, But at Todays over priced optimism for Cruisers/Land Rover's etc I feel i can ask what i want..... I dont know i guess if you want an 80 that bad sometimes take a risk..... One day soon they will be like the 60 series.... Then you will never find one..... :wtf:

Just looking around the marketplace there doesn't seem to be too many 80 diesel manuals about. The hike in fuel prices hasn't flushed many out.

"Poverty spec" was a slightly flippant term used to discribe the GS version, a more utilitarian model. Sold at £10k less than the VX version in 95-6 it was aimed at the owner who could do without all the features a VX had, and usually put it to work without fear of spoiling the interior etc. There is quite a list of things which are different/missing from the VX which has been covered before.

I just wondered how LJ was getting on with their search.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
To be Honest if i had a 15 grand Budget for a Landcruiser...... Id be looking at the 100 series :wtf: ....

Evening all - well the search continues.

A further 2 more that fit my brief have come to market one on face book market place

Which was unfortunately too good to be true it was a two tone light and dark silver manual with grey leather interior 4.2 24 valve.

The price was very inviting and after contacting him and requesting further videos and pictures it was very clear that this car had possibly had a very lenient recent MOT??

It was from up north and the seller was a trader who I think and bought it from or taking it in as part X although it looked very good in the pictures it had a misfire and rough idle - in the video it sat at about 400 rpm also extremely corroded underneath especially on the rear axle possibly a vehicle that had been used to put a boat in an out of water.

The next one I will be viewing this weekend happy to post further updates if anyone is interested.

Keep the updates coming, We are all interested to see if there are Genuine decent 80's out there for the right Money Good luck with your Search :thumbup:

Is there a way to visually identify this later Amazon 'box without opening it? Mine was not the same after it came back from the garage... could get 2nd gear all day long before and now it's very difficult.

Because only the run out models badged "Amazon", late 96 to end of production had the twin airbag dash as well as the upgraded second gear synchro in the gearbox.

Back