Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted: spare wheel key-lockable bolt

Ok so I wasn't really able to remove the lock (it just keeps spinning doesn't come off). I will remove it by force, destroy it in process, undo the lug nut that holds the spare wheel and replace it with a wheel lock nut. So instead of this:
1625504468776.png

I will install this one:
1625504528550.png

Hopefully it will work as I could only find these lockable wheel lug nuts on aliexpress. I'd like to know if someone replaced the original lug nut with a locking one.

Jureb, may be a long shot, if your lc came with the Toyota plastic box for locking wheel nuts, have a look inside. Mine contained an extra 1 of 5. I used that, with the bonus the 'key' is the same.

What's the best way to remove this spare wheel lock off (by force)? As I couldn't manage to unlock it with the key. Should I use a power drill and start drilling into the hole until it comes off? Or maybe use a big adjustable wrench?
1643541103909.png

Either drill the pins or hammer a flatblade screwdriver in then turn it with a spanner

I drilled mine out as it was corroded and stopped the key going in. I drilled it, using several different sizes, it was a right performance and not a quick job, as the outer tries to spin with the drill bit, so a bit of pressure required with cobalt drill bits I used. It locks over the head of the spare wheel retaining bolt that is undone with a socket or toyota wrench in tool kit.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back