Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted ! Turbo Elbow 3.0 70 series.

Shaun

Country Flag
uk
Fitting a 3.0 motor from a 90 series to a was 2.4 lj70, so need a turbo elbow from a 3.0 70 as it runs the wrong way.
Any help much appreciated . :text-thankyouyello:

I have done it previously by using the 90 series cross over pipe and cut it in the right place so you use just the solid plastic elbow from that. Worked well, :thumbup:

Sorry I was meaning the exhaust elbow out the back of the turbo.

Also got engine mount issues, how did you get round that ?

Hiya Shaun.. oh yes I see now.. the turbo outlet is a bit of a PITA. A kzj70 outlet is the ideal solution. .. but very hard to find. On ebay there are ct12b flanges that would allow you to fabricate one.

The mounts on the 90 series engines measure 140mm from the block and the right ones to use are on a hilux surf or d4d mk5 hilux and kzj70. . They measure 110mm from the block. So to use that type . I normally cut the mounts off the chassis then bolt on to the engine and fit the engine to the gearbox. For best results.

Thats great thanks for the advise. Funnily enough being a collector of surfs and landcruisers I have a 3.0 surf engine which is very complete. I will look on eBay and fabricate something like you said finding one of those is going to be hard work. [/quote][/quote]

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cool Shaun! If you have the power steering pipework off the 3.0 surf that will be a handy snagging part too! :thumbup:

All the best with the best with the conversion!

Cool Shaun! If you have the power steering pipework off the 3.0 surf that will be a handy snagging part too! :thumbup:

All the best with the best with the conversion!
Thanks iwan, yes I have all the power steering pipes still attached.
May have to start a thread including all the other toyotas I have had and currently got.

Back