Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

warning lights

michael

Hello does anyone have a list of the warning lights on the dash please I`ve tried the search under "warning lights" but nothing comes up

Does anyone have a owners manual that you could scan a copy off for me please :thumbup: :thumbdown:

Can't help you with the 90 Mick

Is it a certain light that you don't know what it means?

I have an owners manual - I'll try scan the page in tomorrow if someone hasn't found it for you already

Dave

Thanks Les its just the oil can with a drip and the wavy line under :) is that a good description, I thought it was for the water-antifreeze -radiator but I`ve checked that and it was a little low so topped it up but its still flickering on every now and then :?
Dave I would be grateful if you could scan me the page please ,I`m on the search for an owners manual as the max ellery doesnt show you much really

If it's an oil can, will it not mean oil level.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hello Andy ,
the oil light icon lights up on start up and is in the right hand corner of the binnacle this light is in the middle at the side of the timing belt light and doesnt light up on the start up check.

Is the one that lights up at start up the oil pressure and the other the oil level :?:

I`ve been searching all over the net and can`t get an answer , where do all the owners manuals go to surely you get one when new ? when I bought my colorado there wasn`t any books at all and it seems no one has them,I`ll just keep checking all levels its just a bit unnerving driving along when a warning light comes up and you dont know what its for .

That light is for your oil level. You need to check it and top it up. Mine normally takes about a litre to put the light out. It means you are on the lower limit or "min" on the dipstick. Check it ASAP.

I had a Colorado some while back and if I recall it had a sort of wire / stick affair that went down the side of the engine under the bonnet. I don't quite know how it worked, but there were some marks on it that showed the amount of oil in the engine. I think that you had to do it when the engine was cold. But if you pull it out, there should be a sort of black liquid on the end of the pole. If it was between the marks, it was good. Mine was right at the bottom, so I put some oil in and then it was fine. The light went out too. Which was a relief.

Hope this helps. I didn't keep the manual, I sold it with the car. Wish I could be more help! Let us know how you go on.

Best wishes

Chris

I`ve checked the oil and it was a little bit low so topped it up but we haven`t been out today so I`ll check next time we go out ,
Thanks for all the help and advice,great site :clap:

Yep that is the low level indicater, orange light of oil can with wavey line. It comes on when the oil level drops below the low level mark on the dipstick. It will come on when the engine is cold and after 5 mins of running may well go out again as the oil is thinner a circulates quicker, this does not mean that it has fixed itself you will still be low on oil and it needs topping up.

Check your oil level when the engine is warm and after it has been running a little while.

Steve

Back