Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

water sensor

silvercruiser

Hello my sensor is playing up on the fuel filter i keep getting the orange light come up, it started by flickering about 6 months ago and now it is staying on for about 10 seconds at a time .

when it first happened i drained some fuel off and no water was present. and i have done this a few times now and no change so last weekend i changed the fuel filter and it made no difference again.

While i had the filter off i inspected the sensor and it all looks ok as its a preety simple float design is there anything else i can check :?:

the wires are also fine and i have always been careful when taking it off, not to twist them round and round.

Joe

What happens if you leave the sensor unplugged?

I just went outside and unplugged the sensor and started the l/c up on the drive and had no light showing.

Joe

OK, so this would suggest that the fault is at least with the sensor, float or its wiring /plug :D

With it all plugged back together and a spotter sat in the drivers sear or a mirror on the head rest give it all a good wiggle & tap, see if anything happens :)

Ok cheers Steven il get the missus in the drivers seat :shock: and il have a wiggle at the weekend :lol:

Joe

Back