Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Weekends fun and next weeks jobs, Need parts this time and may need help getting them

martin

been at a Pay and play day at Essex off road, had a Great time even got the chance to use the winch. But i have broken a hand full of things. see Picture of steering arm im guessing its not ment to look like this, could do with someone please letting me know if this is not right.
Also looking for the parts below
Drivers or both wiper arm's may also need the wiper mechanism.
Near side rear lights.
and of course the steering bar.
i will post a some of the pictures from today as soon as i have them from the camera
39CDF912-5721-43A0-998B-8A09ED6C266B-300-00000204C75ACF7F.jpg

have a look at Ben's blogs, he's got a great one on a strengthened steering bar (and a steering guard!).

Cei.

Nope, the bar shouldn't look like that (easy to do though). PM Karl Webster on this forum for bits as he may have some. Steering bar is easy to change, the track rod ends will come out fairly easily as I had copper greased them up when I changed the bar after doing exactly the same thing. (measure the the exposed threads on each side before taking out as you will need to put them back in by the same amount into the new bar). Your rear light clusters are from a Dihatsu IIRC.

as always, nice one chaps, Ben good Mod i like that very much. Just got to fine one 1st then i will be sure to do the same. Will message Karl.

hears a few picks.
P1060795.jpg

P1060810.jpg

how cool is this.
P1060812.jpg

P1060813.jpg

P1060815.jpg

P1060819.jpg

my friend with his SJ this guy is a fooking nut case. He needed winching out
P1060821.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
looks like fun B), took my zuk samurai there once, need to go back there in my cruiser one day

Martin, I see from the pictures that you have lost one of the NAS lights off the back bumper, I got those from www.vehicleproducts.co.uk so you can easily get a replacement lens and/or mounting base depending what got broke. Nice to see the truck out and about and great shot of the rear wheel "up and under" the arch.

Cheers for the info Trevor I'm unsure what I'm going to do with the rear white light, I can see that happening again so may do something different, found a scrap yard that have a 70 so going to head over 1st thing tomorrow. I was loving how much the rear wheel was in the arch. The Mrs didn't seem to think it was much to look at, she must need glasses.*

well there's a great load of pics for the calendar right there! looks like awesome fun! pics 3,4 and of course the last one rock!!!

been over to get the new stering arm, and waned to be a copy cat Ben and do the exact same to mine that he did to his. so hears a few picks.
The old bent arm next to the one.
0C782C80-B730-4CE6-A196-3B7DC1ED8AA9-600-000000C100840723.jpg

new one with external tube welded in place. I found some mettle laying about and used that, loved being able to use the welder again.
4F1365D3-1D3A-4A6D-A1EF-6EE445434ECE-600-000000C11E4CF15B.jpg

Is it an optical illusion? The new bar looks a little shorter than the old one when it was straight.

yeah your right, its not exactly the same, but the thread was fully in on the old one and the new one is about half way out, odd that its different isn't it. Im not fully happy about this but it works and drives for now, Im still on the look out for a longer one, then i can get the tracking done.

I do love The Essex Off Road site, not least as its only 20min down the road to me :icon-biggrin: Shame that its not twice the size though :icon-cry: Bures is back on now as we'll, maybe we should have an Essex Cruiser club get together at one of them one day :icon-biggrin:

I do love The Essex Off Road site, not least as its only 20min down the road to me :icon-biggrin: Shame that its not twice the size though :icon-cry: Bures is back on now as we'll, maybe we should have an Essex Cruiser club get together at one of them one day :icon-biggrin:
i like the idea of that, we should deffo do that, altho i have killed quite a few jeeps at Bures in the past. Tell you what, are you up to much on Sunday the 24th? Trevor and i plan to make the most of green lanes of herts/essex.

Great pics Martin nice articulation ! Good to see my old truck going strong with its 3rd club owner ! How you finding it so far ? Steering will be spot on with Bens steering arm mod, shouldnt bend at all ;-) .

Glad you got it sorted Martin. :clap:

That is the only weak steering component I've found, even with the 37"s on, now youve modified that you should be fine! :dance:

Back