Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Well i've done it again, Cruiser on the driveway.

Paul

Garage
Country Flag
england
Well sort of, will pick it up next weekend :dance:

So what have you got?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

No fair.... common Paul spill the beans.

Well here it is, my new Cruiser.
It’s a HZJ80 so a little different than the normal ones butis perfect for what I am planning to do with it.

T2eC16JHJGYE9nooiNjGBQZpeVqs60_3.jpg

Its kind of a commercial version so absolutely no frills, noelectric windows, no immobiliser, no central locking, no wheel arch extensions,no abs.

But it does have……….. Dual factory fuel tanks, duel splitcharge system, freewheeling hubs, and selectable four wheel drive. There isalso electric brake kit for trailers.

T2eC16dHJHgE9n0yHB0pBQZpeYDWFw60_3.jpg

It has the 1HZ engine which I was a little suspicious of,but this thing really does drive well and only 380,000 kms on the clock. Itpulls like a train which was a surprise and always have the option of a turbo.

KGrHqZHJDFBlJ2Y757BQWbqSFiw60_3.jpg

The first plans are to loose the spot lights and fit someHID ones, and go through the electrics as it has had a few different radios init, then put in the UHF, replace the suspension and some BFG’s. It will then beready anything as the last owner had the oil done every 5000 kms, and gave theinstructions to do anything else it needed so the history is huge includingrecent front axle rebuild, brakes and clutch. Recent new injection pump andinjectors and compression test passed it as excellent. It was only used for towing a horse trailer onSundays for the last 8 years and before that was owned originally by a railwaycompany and then bought by the guy that drove it for the railway so very fewowners.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hey, it's the same as my 1995, nice to see the side hinged back doors, everyone seems to have the tailgate version in the UK.

It looks a beauty, especially for 380,000 kms. Mine has 350,000 but the first 212,000 done by the original owner showed obvious abuse. Low level oil in every part of the transmission, and old sludgy stuff. The car was knocked about generally.

Getting it better over the last 6 years... slowly...

Looks nice Paul. Looking forward to seeing the mods and hearing your stories!

Thats the beauty with this one, through a garage every 5000 kms so all is good, i think the only job to do is the dreaded output seal on the transfer box, but thats not a big one.

That looks in very good condition and a bit different from the norm.......look forward to seeing your mods and lots of pics. :icon-cool:

Well it looks like mine but...

I do have electric windows and central locking but it didn't have wheel arch extensions, and it certainly doesn't have abs.

Mine doesn't have Dual factory fuel tanks, and they soumd nice to have... I have the single headlights too.

I do have the dual splitcharge system, but I'm all time 4wd with front and rear lockers.

And I've got the side hinge rear doors, which I like ! :lol: I just wish mine was in such good condition as yours, she's beau-ti-ful.

I think i was lucky to find this one, quite a few thousands kms looking at lots of trucks.

The definition of "used" here really does mean used as loads of bad ones around.

Update on the work.......

Now back with the new suspension. Tough Dog.

New wheels and tyres, new bearings and seals on both axles, new brake hoses and a complete rebush. New handbrake shoes, flexy wheel arches, sheepskin seat covers and loads and loads of smaller jobs.

IMG-20121221-00294.jpg

IMG-20121221-00296.jpg

IMG-20121221-00295.jpg

IMG-20121221-00297.jpg

IMG-20121221-00293.jpg

That looks lean and mean! :icon-cool:

Look forward to some "action" shots.....

Keep an eye on the coating on the TD springs - mine was chipped when they arrived. Both front springs are now looking horrific, and apparently one shock is weeping. Only just 2 years old (so no warranty) and very few miles. TD aren't at all interested :-(

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356090150.109898.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356090297.115000.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356090395.785758.jpg

Jeez, I would be severely pissed off with shocks and springs that look like that in 2 years. Granted you have lots of snow,and hence salt on roads, but still :cry:

Just like the ironman ones go in the UK, shouldnt be so much of an issue here with the good weather.

Had these ones made to order as i wanted something specific and after driving around today the ride is great, should also improve when i get some weight in it.

I have ordered some Pedder springs for my KZJ70. They are guaranteed for two years, incl. the powder coat finish.

Roger

Back