Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

well then I bought this today...

A VFR is the machine for long distances. My highest daily was 825miles in 2002 on 2000 800(non VTEC), though 1800miles in 2 days and a long afternoon was another trip - dull, as it was the I15 from Southern Alberta to Vegas. Much more fun on the way back up the Route 93 :twisted: .

My current toy is a KTM 950 Adventure which is a bit to tall for my 5'6" frame.

Have fun on the 70s chop... you'll know you've done that by the time you arrive home. :!:

NICE BIKE MAN MY LONGEST RUN WAS FROM KILMARNOCK IN SCOTLAND DOWN TO KENT CUSTOM BIKE SHOW ON MY V-MAX IT RAINED LIKE A CARWASH ALL THE WAY MY LEATHERS BECAME SHRINK FIT HAPPY DAYS :p

PETE BELL said:
NICE BIKE MAN MY LONGEST RUN WAS FROM KILMARNOCK IN SCOTLAND DOWN TO KENT CUSTOM BIKE SHOW ON MY V-MAX IT RAINED LIKE A CARWASH ALL THE WAY MY LEATHERS BECAME SHRINK FIT HAPPY DAYS :p
Now we're showing our age Pete, I did the Kent Custom Bike shows in 82, 83, 84... one year one the way home it was so hot we actually stood in a car wash to cool off :lol: :lol:

I have a BMW GS now.... the hooligans BMW :D

PETE BELL said:

hehe I don't do leathers so I don't have that problem..... never have... :D
The V-Max is a cool bike I remember riding one in the late 90's when they had just changed the forks and stuff....
I was amazed by the power....
It pulled like nothing I had ever experienced... Untill I rode a Hayabusa in '99 or 2000.....

Bat21 said:
Now we're showing our age Pete, I did the Kent Custom Bike shows in 82, 83, 84... one year one the way home it was so hot we actually stood in a car wash to cool off :lol: :lol:

I have a BMW GS now.... the hooligans BMW :D

Hooligan, Hooligan, Hooligan....

at least you don't have a 1200... :mrgreen:

lol..

well I looked out of the window this morning when I got up...
It has rained... :(

But the bike looks better than when I went to bed... haha will have to take it out after to see how and what... :D

I did not take many pictures on the way but here are the few I did take...
My arms where close to a sunburn as it was red hot in Holland....
I was sweating in my t-shirt coming down the motorway...

I did not do the planned route after all but still spend 7 to 8 hours on the thing... It is soooooooo uncomfortable... lol
But riding it around town last nite it was much better...

So after I cracked and had turned around I left Europoort harbour near Rotterdam just after the sun had sunk into the sea, rather than the planned Dunkerque..

Foto-0001.jpg

After an ok-ish night sleep I got up had a shower and my piss-pot was calling ready for the trip home from Hull..

Foto-0003.jpg

I made it to the UK....
Yes I needed the jerry-can because I have a "every other service station" range on the petrol tank... :D

Foto-0005.jpg

Home...
My arse still pretty much resembles a Japanese flag this morning but not anywhere as sore as yesterday....
Time to look for a seat me thinks..

Foto-0006.jpg

Foto-0008.jpg

Foto-0010.jpg

Time to get my last braincell working about the design before that one dies too...

Attachments

• Foto-0001.jpg
    Foto-0001.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 58
  • Foto-0003.jpg
    Foto-0003.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 52
  • Foto-0005.jpg
    Foto-0005.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 68
  • Foto-0006.jpg
    Foto-0006.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 67
  • Foto-0008.jpg
    Foto-0008.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 69
  • Foto-0010.jpg
    Foto-0010.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 66
Glad to see you made it back safe and sound Toby.

Apart from the seat, how did it go :?:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ecky Thump said:

Apart from the seat, how did it go :?:

It handles a bit weird with the short handle bars but that will be sorted soon...
That engine though.... man it sounds nice, and hell it has a lot of grunt....

For an old engine like that it runs really really well.... I mean I have done over 7 hours on it...

Started first time this morning again and was a lot of fun riding it round town...

It pulls awesome much better than I expected...

So yeh pretty happy really now that I have cushioned my arse again.. :D
I shall have to make a little sound video soon.. :mrgreen:

TobyJug said:
Ecky Thump said:
I presume you mean the engine and not your arse :lol:
Chas

Cossack said:
TobyJug said:
Ecky Thump said:
I presume you mean the engine and not your arse :lol:
Chas

Only you Chas,,,,,,only you :p

Wow, just noticed....loads more smilies.

Good luck with the bike Toby, makes me think it's time I took mine out of hibernation.

whahahaha.. :character-beavisbutthead:

yeh get it out, you know you want too... :D :dance: :auto-sportbike:

I enjoyed getting my R1 out of storage earlier in the year Les - go for it... :teasing-tease:

Back