Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Western Sahara 04-17 Oct

I'm really looking forward to it, i know it is the only chance i am going to get to go for the next few years as i'll be very much back on the front line as of february.

My biggest worry being 'is the truck prepared'.....

Tommo,
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did
On the truck prep front, I am sure yours will be fine. From my experience we spend alot more time worrying about that than the locals out there do!
It would appear that the weapon of choice for the locals is an early 80's Merc

So, i contacted Barrie and asked him who else is going and he came back with,

1. Trevor Green & Alyson Upton (40’s), LandCruiser 80, very capable couple, did our 2008 Moroccan recce,
2. Neil Gregson & Mark Evenden (40’s), Discovery 1, Morocco ‘veterans’, apparently not afraid of the dunes,
3. Graham & Linda Cooper (50’s?), Discovery 2, may be inexperienced, but weren’t put off by the warnings,
4. Frikkie Lambrechts & Jurie Wessels (30’s), Discovery 3, solid and dependable fellows, I know them well.

So a good mix of experience and vehicles and there is still one space left if anyone is tempted! Anyone know number 1 on the list???

Yes I know Trevor and Alyson in fact they only live a mile away from me, Trevor took me under his wing when I first started green laning around Dorset / Hampshire / Wiltshire, Paul Humphreys also has met them on one of the early LC Wales trips.

Any chance you could put me in touch? Would love to have a chat prior to departure...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Want some club sticks for the other people ;) We don't mind sticking LC stickers on LRs :twisted:

Actually mate i could do with a couple!

We need to get some business cards or something made up, constasntly out there recruiting and it would be so much easier if we had something small and snazzy to slip under windscreen wipers...

Happy to pay for a few hundred business cards myself, but, we need to settle on a club logo....

I'll have some before you leave. (when do you leave again? :oops: )

Tommo&Claire said:
So a good mix of experience and vehicles and there is still one space left if anyone is tempted! Anyone know number 1 on the list???

Hello Tommo, Whats the price of the tours ?
I am wanting to go, but just like Paul said, I may just go seperate, and meet up maybe?

Your route would be good reference if you could pm me.

Graham

Graham said:
Tommo&Claire said:

Hello Tommo, Whats the price of the tours ?
I am wanting to go, but just like Paul said, I may just go seperate, and meet up maybe?

Your route would be good reference if you could pm me.

Graham
Hi Graham,
Look up;
http://waypoint-tours.com/about.htm
I went to Morocco with Barrie last year. :cool:
Chas

Hope this is permissible and not breaching any rules, but just to advise that Tommo has withdrawn from this expedition, and we therefore have another place available (possibly two). Please feel free to call me directly.
Regards,
Barrie Dunbar
01932 865768

Back