Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Whaddon 4x4

Jimbo4x4

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Some might remember this thread. Well, I finally got a batch of pics and vids off Laura and thought I'd throw them up here for all to see :)

[youtube:3ab08e65]i66koYBmEuE[/youtube:3ab08e65]
It had been really dry, and I was later told this mud run is often over 4ft deep.

DSC02843.jpg

DSC02859.jpg

DSC02860.jpg

[youtube:3ab08e65]2dhf0YEVrXw[/youtube:3ab08e65]

[youtube:3ab08e65]IJlxgXI39z8[/youtube:3ab08e65]
"Of course I've done it" :roll: :p

[youtube:3ab08e65]I2XIwHfyRUk[/youtube:3ab08e65]

[youtube:3ab08e65]gMSmo9xKdKo[/youtube:3ab08e65]

I love the commentary in this next vid, this is the ditch that I attempted to cross and make into a shortcut. 8 year old Harvey has the situation sussed from the start :lol:
[youtube:3ab08e65]yq_KdVb6dYo[/youtube:3ab08e65]
A more heavily modded vehicle (dare I say, my old SJ for example) would have done it but my articulation simply wasn't enough, a locked rear diff is no help if it just pushes you into deeper trouble.

Struck quite an impressive pose I thought:
DSC02864.jpg

DSC02865.jpg

And then for the embarrassing recovery:
[youtube:3ab08e65]ZPlyRsIm3FY[/youtube:3ab08e65]

DSC02869.jpg

The impression my front bumper left in the opposite bank :oops:
DSC02870.jpg

Jim.

Attachments

• DSC02843.jpg
    DSC02843.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC02859.jpg
    DSC02859.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC02860.jpg
    DSC02860.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC02864.jpg
    DSC02864.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC02865.jpg
    DSC02865.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DSC02869.jpg
    DSC02869.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC02870.jpg
    DSC02870.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 117
Hi Jim

Nice pics and video,... thanks!
No embarrassment,... sure some of us has been in same scenarios somehow or another.
Sure looks like you are having fun!
:D :D :D

Enjoy!!

African Drifter

Thanks for the pics and vids. Looks like you had a good day. Have to say the kids comments make some of the vids :lol:

Nice videos and pics - looks like you had a fine day out! :cool: :)

Paul_Humphreys said:
Well been pulled out by a little old SJ :o :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shame on you, if all it took was a Suzi you couldn't have been VERY stuck, compared to an 80 they couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding :lol:
Chas

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cossack said:
Paul_Humphreys said:
Well been pulled out by a little old SJ :o :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shame on you, if all it took was a Suzi you couldn't have been VERY stuck, compared to an 80 they couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding :lol:
Chas

For the full story from the original thread:
Jimbo4x4 said:
I had a go at crossing a ditch that I was only 20% sure I would make, it hadn't been attemted by anyone else but it would have made a great shortcut if I could do it, so I tried...and failed...and had to find help. The nose and front wheels were buried in a load of slop, and whenever I tried to reverse out the back just swung round towards the ditch, eventually leaving me precariously close to tipping. So then, help, in the form of the only vehicle playing close by... A suzuki SJ :| :oops: Still, we made his day by having him snatch while I reversed, and the LC popped free of its suction on the first attempt.

Now I had to find a way to redeem myself, and what better way to do it than by dragging a camel defender 110 out of a mud run ;) The owner suggested I try snatching first - on his tired webbing strap. After asking him if he was sure I promptly snapped the loop off one end, without moving his 110 more than an inch. Take two, I took up the slack slowly then gently applied the power, and without even a hint of wheelspin we slid him free of the mud run's grasp :mrgreen:

So you see, I did redeem myself. I like how the SJ continued to pull with great effort even when I was completely free, like a little terrier pulling on your trouser leg.. didn't half splatter the back of my truck wheelspining his greenway macho's though

OK Jimbo, there wasn't really anything else you could do given the circumstances :cool: , I like the "little terrier pulling on your trouser leg" :lol:
Chas

Back