Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What a numpty! Help Please :-)

chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
I recently bought some LED lights and was in the process of upgrading the interior lights in the LC.

I did the 2 domes and was quite impressed with the results but had to go and run an errand for SWMBO before I could get around to the Map lights up front. Came back, parked up and was having trouble getting the bulb out of the holder, so I used a small screwdriver to try and pry it out. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I must have shorted out something because now the interior lights, radio and central locking do not work. The car starts and runs fine, all the other electrical functions such as exterior lights, dashboard/console lights, heaters etc. seem unaffected too.

I've checked the fuse box but all the fuses seem intact?? :?

Any advice or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - yes I did only check them visually.

I have the fuse diagram on the back of the cover and it the logical one would be the cigar lighter one (there isn't a fuse labelled locking/interior lights/radio or similarly logical)

You live and learn.....I just wasn't thinking/paying attention at the time!! :oops: :naughty:

theres one on the last page of the download, number 17

Number 17 : that'll be the culprit! :)

I'll check it in the morning, rather than faffing about under the bonnet with a torch. Thanks again!

Have never had to go at my fuse but if i remember correctly toyota stereo and accessories fuse is under the bonnet.
You arent the first and wont b the last to try that!!!
Happy hunting.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The Integration Relay Box (under the panel by the driver's right knee) has these fuses incorporated:

DSCN5024.jpg

(Apologies if you've already looked there :doh: ).

Bob.

Thanks Bob, yes my first thought was to look there - would be logical to have the interior/auxiliary function fuses to be in that fuse box, wouldn't you think?? :?

However as Gary (J66P) kindly pointed out - the fuse in question (#17) is actually in the engine bay fuse box, along with the other "main" fuses. :roll:

All is well now - thanks everyone.

Swapped the (#5) 10A AC fuse for #17 in the interim and now everything works fine - other than the AC of course! ;)

The 36 SMD LEDs I bought for the interior lights work a treat too - they are bright! :shock:

I try and post some pics up later.

Back