Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What a Wizard.

Do you mean this guy Frank?

I found him the other day after seeing a mechanic rebuild his friends TDV6 LR engine (best use of which is a boat anchor by the looks of it).

Yes, that's him Rich. I've just been wasting time watching utube engine failures.

Which of course leads straight to Land Rovers! Thing is, this isn’t the first Land Rober engine series I’ve heard of to suffer from broken crankshafts.

If people didn’t buy them, maybe they might at least try and sort the issues. :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It only seems to be an hugely unreliable when fitted in Landrovers from what I can make out... same engine in cars is not bad .

Another thing he mentions is it's output...... Toyota may have the reliability but they haven't pushed their engines anything like as hard.... BHP per litre wise

He refers to the 1HDT and 1HDFTE as the engines that never go wrong.... remember that's 4.2 litres doing a shade over 200bhp .... The plastic V6 is making pretty near another 100 bhp and he's not looking at the 3 litre Toyota engine with a love of cylinder heads or the 2.8s with a love of injectors .... the 1HD series of engines are indeed the stuff of legends but don't mention BEB's ;-) and of an entirely different generation .... it's a buss and small truck engine that found it's way into a SUV... the Lion V6 is a car engine that ended up in an SUV

The Disco 4 is light years ahead of the 150 when it comes to towing .

Love the bloke and his wife , very talented and a great sense of humour

Back