Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What is this part called!!?

isaacm

Country Flag
new_zealand
Ok so basically i own an old bj70 landcruiser and the part i need help identifying is the part of my motor which kills it when i turn my key off. to describe it its like a little motor near the fuel pump and when you turn the key off this little motor is activated which pushes a lever arm which shuts off fuel to the fuel pump?and thats how it shuts off the motor. I need this replaced but dont know what its called! thankyou very much if you can help

Stop solenoid maybe

Ok so basically i own an old bj70 landcruiser and the part i need help identifying is the part of my motor which kills it when i turn my key off. to describe it its like a little motor near the fuel pump and when you turn the key off this little motor is activated which pushes a lever arm which shuts off fuel to the fuel pump?and thats how it shuts off the motor. I need this replaced but dont know what its called! thankyou very much if you can help

it is called the edic motor from memory. Which as per previous reply is there to shut down the motor.

It sounds to me that you're talking about the "EDIC" unit. You're correct that it shuts of the fuel from the pump to start stop.
But it is a built in engine protection system and it monitors the oil pressure if there is low oil pressure it will shut down the engine.
So it might be worthwhile checking the wiring for the oil sensors as there could be a fault there and the protection system is just activated.

Does the engine start.. i think theres a relay in the system too..

Hope this helps :thumbup:

It sounds to me that you're talking about the "EDIC" unit. You're correct that it shuts of the fuel from the pump to start stop.
But it is a built in engine protection system and it monitors the oil pressure if there is low oil pressure it will shut down the engine.
So it might be worthwhile checking the wiring for the oil sensors as there could be a fault there and the protection system is just activated.

Does the engine start.. i think theres a relay in the system too..

Hope this helps :thumbup:

Good point i forgot about that part about oil pressures shutdown.:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They can be fixed if you find the right mechanic save you a few dollars they have a little bearing in them that can stick it's all that needs replacing that's what happens to mine

Back