Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What MPG do you get out of your 90?

Yep did that a few months ago with the proper sensor spray and the throttle body is now immaculate. Has anyone has much experience with the K&N filters?

Personally I wouldn't bother with a K&N filter. I have used them (or similar) extensively out of a sort-of misplaced idea that they were 'better'. However I've given up on them. There is no noticeable difference in performance. However, what you are committing to is the near-impossible task of cleaning them every so often, an unpleasant task that seems to me to be a massive ball-ache and never satisfactory.

Like Iwan i drive my 1KZ-TE like i stole its and like Andy I know my D4D swb 90 gets better mpg than my 24 valve 80 .

Much depends on how and where you drive .

The mrs drives the D4D about 20 miles to work and back daily with 28/75 tyres and in response to this fuel shortage bollox i just pumped her tyres up to 37psi , queues were history by the time she needed to top up .

Over 16000 miles in 8 years I've averaged 20mpg(UK). Seen 23mpg on a long run and 14mpg a couple of times. Nearly all my driving is short journeys. Having had to change to super unleaded (97 or 99 octane depending on supplier) as the UK has switched standard 95 octane to E10 I've noticed a very slight tick up to 21mpg but it's a bit early to be sure. Really annoying that nobody seems to offer 95 octane in E5; has anybody found it?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Daren't look or check my MPG I know its not great and in a heavy automatic. I don't get into 5th unless I'm doing 54mph or more :think:

Isaac - in your previous posts, you went from 15l/100km (almost 19mpg), before a service, to 20l/100km (14mpg) after the service. If so, think through what was included in the service?
I don’t know much about the 3.4 petrol engine - could you have disconnected a vacuum pipe, left an electrical connector disconnected (or damaged the terminals) etc. Spark plugs, thick engine oil, O2 sensor, fuel filter leak. Brakes dragging?

From what I read, K&N filters allow more passage of air, but largely because they don’t filter very well.

Good luck.

Also injectors supposedly poop out after a while. I'm toying with replacing mine as preventative maintenance.

Hard to check though.

Isaac - in your previous posts, you went from 15l/100km (almost 19mpg), before a service, to 20l/100km (14mpg) after the service. If so, think through what was included in the service?
I don’t know much about the 3.4 petrol engine - could you have disconnected a vacuum pipe, left an electrical connector disconnected (or damaged the terminals) etc. Spark plugs, thick engine oil, O2 sensor, fuel filter leak. Brakes dragging?

From what I read, K&N filters allow more passage of air, but largely because they don’t filter very well.

Good luck.
Thanks for the heads up. Yeah I had left a hose off, which has improved it, I also did break one side of the connector pictured (green tape around it). Not sure if that is important?

Attachments

• IMG_20211029_204437.jpg
    IMG_20211029_204437.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 28
Not sure if the earth is that important, plenty of other grounds on the block but a disconnected vacuum hose would definately cause issues.

Back