Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What's going on with the tyre situation in UK?

I'd like to hear some input from the CRUISER KING on this one.... I bet the ones on the forecourt have got everything from 0 - 60psi in them, even on the same motor

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with Falkens Brett, I’ve been running 275/65/18 Wildpeaks on my 100 for 12 months, , mainly on road use and towing, no complaints so far!

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed with Falkens Brett, I’ve been running 275/65/18 Wildpeaks on my 100 for 12 months, , mainly on road use and towing, no complaints so far!
Hi Geoff, you're correct, I'm not disappointed. They seem great tyres so far, I can't believe how good they actually are on wet tarmac. I went with the 275/55/r20's.

275/55/r20's
The factory rims are for 285/50 so can we mount a 275 profile tyre or did you get new rims as well? when I checked last time few 200s in US are using 285/55/20 BFGs without any rubbing or mods

Hi Raj, I fitted the 275s to the factory rims, no issue with the width. I think the 285/55's would have quite an effect on gearing on the diesels, it's noticeable with the 275/50s but not too bad, but definitely takes the edge off performance. The ride is better with the taller sidewall though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My 200 is currently fitted with a full set of 285/50R20 NEXEN ROADIAN HP fitted when purchased and I think only suitable for road use in summer.

With winter on the way I am thinking about ordering all-season tyres with light offroad / trail capability. Like many of us in UK most driving is on road, I live in North Wales where we get rain and snow, very occasionally on tracks in Snowdonia and some touring on trails probably in Spain is on the agenda longer term.

I have thought about BF Goodrich Trail Terrain but nearest size is 275/55R20. Any thoughts on the tyre size and whether the BFG Trail Terrains are worth the extra cost over E.g. Falken Wildpeak AT3? Alternatively, Black Circles have 10% off Yokohama Geolander A/T until midnight so £731 fitted for 4 tyres.

Worthwhile looking out for a full set on eBay?

Any other recommendations welcome for a good all-round tyre with some offroad cred. worthy of pairing with the 200. Offroad grip isn't really so much on an issue for me as I'm not going to be touring Cape York or anything, but having robust sidewalls will be desirable.

John

Last edited:
Hi Jon - mentioned it previously, I've got the Geolanders on my Hilux and 4x4 Sprinter - they last well, are well behaved on the road, decent wet weather grip, but are a pretty mild AT and personally I think the overall construction is lighter than any of the MT Coopers, BFGs or similar. It's never been an issue in practice, but I don't use either of these vehicles for hard-core offroading, mostly mixed road, gravel tracks and occasional mild laning.

Hi Jon - mentioned it previously, I've got the Geolanders on my Hilux and 4x4 Sprinter - they last well, are well behaved on the road, decent wet weather grip, but are a pretty mild AT and personally I think the overall construction is lighter than any of the MT Coopers, BFGs or similar. It's never been an issue in practice, but I don't use either of these vehicles for hard-core offroading, mostly mixed road, gravel tracks and occasional mild laning.
Hi Dave.
Thanks for the input.
The Geolanders are available in the correct specification size tyre for my wheels (285/50R20) which is preferable as I'm usually of the mindset that the men in lab coats at Toyota probably know more and better than I do.
I've toyed with the idea of going with a 18" wheel but prefer the stock look for the 200 over fitting aftermarket wheels, and OEM wheels in UK seems to be like hen's teeth and / or wildly expensive.
The Geolanders seem like the obvious solution, and the Japanese tyres on Japanese vehicle fits well with the OCD too.
John

TBH I think if you're doing 95% road work, including some ice, snow, etc, then you'll be happy enough, I just wouldn't fancy using them to bash across Morocco :)

TBH I think if you're doing 95% road work, including some ice, snow, etc, then you'll be happy enough, I just wouldn't fancy using them to bash across Morocco :)
I've pushed the button on the Geolander A/T's. I'll just have to carry a second spare and a hi-lift if I go to Morocco.

I have Geolanders on mine too. Except Avalanche meet, I never used them off road. They look new after 2 years. They might be good for next 3-4 years.

Back