Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

What's your thoughts on this bit of recovery work then?

Well, they were in a difficult position. The Disco was very bogged in and heavy stuff. Ideally, they should have dug first to give it some release. But I would say as a first effort your approach would be correct, after some digging.

The trouble is the towing car would likely have lost traction even with lockers. But in their case it was a Terrano with open diffs.

You can see their improvement when the Terrano moved into the better position, more in line with the towing rope. They were short of kit and fittings on their trucks, which was their main problem. They went somewhere ill equipped. So they were compelled to use the tow-ball, probably unaware of the dangers. We all have to learn, it's just a shame that most of us learn by mistakes, which can be costly.

It's not hard if you put your mind to it. U-Tube is full of educational clips on recovery, without getting out of your chair.

You could have drove the disco out with the right kit. 4 waffle boards and a bit of digging and it would have come out.

prove a point angle pull does not work

Also straight pull only

As you say really dangerous, but I would add, I hate seeing those brush cutting wires on vehicles. They are just pedestrian cheese wires

Back