Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel sizes?

bones

Thinking of some new wheels since I'm needed tyres on my newly purchased 120. I was wondering what is the max size rim and off set I need to not be rubbing on things and also tyre size. I have spotted a set of rims 9X17 with an off set of +1

After reading many many pages the general thought is to not go any bigger with rim size but slightly taller/wider tyre. I am use to modifying my vehicles and generally fitting wider rims but surprised that this is not the case with a120. Maybe an 8 inch rim? Anyone?

The body work is very limiting but this guy seem's to have nailed it when it comes to pushing limits with a 2" lift i think he says . Wheel and tyre sizes are in the description but we don't actually see him drive the truck so do they rub on steering remains an open question .

Some good info there Shayne thanks for the links, I've been trawling the internet today and I am confused as ever. Can't make my mind up to lift or not to lift. I am a serial modifier and I am trying to resist the temptation.

The 120 is an oddball in that it never really looks modified , to my eye anyway , unless you go to extreme lengths .

If you have deep pockets i bet superior engineering in Oz have some worthy options .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm having a look on the Pradopoint forum, now look what you have done!! My brain is on overload and I had taken this week off to work on my Ute now all I am thinking about is wheels and suspension. Thanks for your help though Shayne . :thumbup:

Back