Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wheel spacers.. front studs too short

denjil

Country Flag
malta
Hi All, I searched about this topic and found that this same topic has been posted but I cannot find a place where I can purchase extended studs for the front..

Are the front and rear studs the same part number? if no, if i purchase 12 rear studs from toyota will these extend like they do on the rear?

Thank you.

If you phone Roughtrax they will likely recognize the problem and steer you right , they also stock genuine Toyota studs .

If you phone Roughtrax they will likely recognize the problem and steer you right , they also stock genuine Toyota studs .
I contacted roughtrax, they only sell the extended studs with wheels spacers as a kit, they will not sell them separately.

Well if i remember correctly , and it is a long time ago its only the front studs that are too short and it seems very likely to me that rear studs will fit the front . Ultimately i went for steel modular wheels with a negative offset so i can't say for sure but were it me i'd buy one rear stud just to see how it fits because its a cheap 50/50 gamble .

Well if i remember correctly , and it is a long time ago its only the front studs that are too short and it seems very likely to me that rear studs will fit the front . Ultimately i went for steel modular wheels with a negative offset so i can't say for sure but were it me i'd buy one rear stud just to see how it fits because its a cheap 50/50 gamble .
Yes Shayne, only the front studs are short.

Problem solved, spoke to Toyota and they told me the longer rear studs fit in front, so ordered 12 of those. :)

Yes Shayne, only the front studs are short.

Problem solved, spoke to Toyota and they told me the longer rear studs fit in front, so ordered 12 of those. :)
How did you get on? I was in exactly the same situation as you, ended up ordering a set of long studs off eBay but haven't had time to fit them yet.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
How did you get on? I was in exactly the same situation as you, ended up ordering a set of long studs off eBay but haven't had time to fit them yet.
I ordered 12 rear studs from Toyota dealer (which were quite expensive) , got them installed and had enough thread to get the spacers on. Its really straight forward to swap the studs.

Further update on these. The cars now got a wheel wobble that wasn't there before!!! It looks really good with the wheels pushed out to the edge of the car but I think I'm going to take them off.

Back