Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

When did toyota stop thinking this was a good idea?

Maybe, just maybe, the halo light was't compatible with the chipped key which was one of the upgrades that the "Amazon" badged 80's got in 97 along with the better gearbox, twin air bags etc etc.....

My wife asking "what you doing ? "
On seeing the tread title and reading a couple of posts wandered off muttering "If thats' all you lot have to worry about " ....... "the little green light round your key " ;-)
Women don't get it do they ... ;-) ;-)

Lol - on one of the other sites I'm on there are three pages of discussion on various off grid toilet solutions...

You've opened up a can of worms Mike.... Maybe as the Trucks were coming down the production line, and stopped to have various bits fitted. The bins with the parts in were found to be empty, So they just moved 'em' on... Then Badged them up accordingly to what Bits were missing at the end.. Maybe:lol:
you might be right there higgy, it seems that random..

1997 GX Amazon -
20200219_102030.jpg

Yet the D-4D Rav 4 (2004) has it
20200219_102110.jpg

Wonder if they are interchange´able..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
IMG_20200213_183803.jpg

Still bugging me..

Here they are, see the little lights in the switch indents.

Are you certain there are bulbs behind them CG? The only thing that lights up on mine is the “AUTO” emblem on the driver‘s window switch. I’ve had the whole panel to bits a few times to clean the switch contacts and there are no bulbs behind any of the other switches.

Are you certain there are bulbs behind them CG? The only thing that lights up on mine is the “AUTO” emblem on the driver‘s window switch. I’ve had the whole panel to bits a few times to clean the switch contacts and there are no bulbs behind any of the other switches.
They must be tp as they illuminate. I've checked all the ones I have on the shelf with no luck.

As I see it, the chip reader and the illuminated halo can't be in the same place.
Interesting. My 2000 Prado (Colorado) has chipped key but no halo. But my car has a halo AND chipped key so Mitsubishi may have excelled Toyota on one occasion at least.

Mine has the halo on the ignition barrel, it lights up in green and comes on when the alarm is disabled along with the interior lights.

regards

Dave

Back