Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

When I push the accelerator pedal I can hear water sloshing around,

David Ketley

Country Flag
great_britain
When I push the accelerator pedal I can hear water sloshing around, engine temperature is solid but heater is variable. Whats the fault and cure?

Problem is you have fantastic hearing me thinks but the cure might possibly be to top up your radiator when the engine is running and the heaters blowing hot .

No its very apparant to everyone in the vehicle. I will try what you say. It seems to be an airlock but I wonderd if a valve or a thermostaic linked to the cabin heating might be the fault.

It commonly confuses people when they change a radiator and fill it up that shortly after the radiator can take several more liters of coolant , its because your heater takes coolant from above the engine so it can't be filled alone , a hot engine expands and circulates coolant filling the cooler pipes , so yes trapped air is my guess though if topping up doesn't cure it I do recall someone having to replace the little valve thingy on the bulkhead in your engine bay that the highest about inch thick rubber pipes run through . Being so high i guess it can let air in without leaking coolant ?

Try using the bleed screw on top of expansion tank near filler cap and top up if neccessary.

Back