Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where is this water coming from?

wangjjang

My car drips endlessly from just in front of the rear drivers side wheel. I often hear a sloshing sound inside the car and it seems to be there when the fuel tank is full or empty so I am stumped as to where this water is sitting. Its getting really nasty and rusted under there. Any idea where this water is coming from? Ill try and get my arm up in there tomorrow in the daylight and see whats going on. Just wondering if any of you guys know of something like this.

Dpy9QIo.jpg

Ge4EBdO.jpg

Remove all the little rubber grommets that are put in the sills. This will allow the water to come out and not rot the sills from the inside out.

I've just had a look on mine and the drain tube from the sun roof goes behind the back wheel, so it shouldn't be coming from the sunroof. I can't imagine why so much water would gather there. I'll have another look later.

Looks like the sills are full of water. The original drain slots get blocked over several years. as Karl says remove the plastic/rubber plugs in the bottom of the sills and leave them out.

Frank

From the photos, you also seem to have water in the door, there's a drip on the door seam above the sill. The door drains should be cleaned out as weel.

Back