Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where next after Salisbury?

yeh scratches give the truck character..

haha if you worry about bodywork, lets face it green laning is not for you....

The side of my truck looks like it spent a few nights near a dodgy estate. There are many scratches from laning.
I am not going to cuddle it like your average Disco driver but if for the sake of £10/£20 you can reduce the chances, then why not?

If I had an older LC, either as a toy or otherwise, it might be different. But for now, if I find a lane which offers up a few scratches then I would still do it. Go barging down something that will scare, sorry, I'll sit it out :|

I'll go first then shall I? :lol:

C

Having a scratched and dented Cruiser does have some advantages, on the road other drivers tend to stay well clear of mine :twisted:
Chas

I do understand Crispin....

Cossack said:
Having a scratched and dented Cruiser does have some advantages, on the road other drivers tend to stay well clear of mine :twisted:
Chas

whaha indeed... my cruiser has the same effect...

Trouble is the lanes change and you may already be commited before anyone can see you're going to get some scratches or even some dents, doesn't take much.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Can't take a joke, shouldn't have joined up. It's a 4x4, for g0ds sake, and if you're going to (ab)use it then accept the 'houding' that goes with the fun - ask Chris :?

And if you take it carefully you can get most of it out, and if you don't, so what? Get it sprayed before you sell it .... If you can handle selling it. Crispin and I don't count as shinys anymore, nor does anyone else who's cut a bloody big 82mm hole in the fender and stuck on a snorkel :lol: :lol: :lol:

I could do the Lakes again - but I think I could only make it after France :(

Gary - was that the same calm philosophical attitude you took when 'someone' did your rear bumper in? ;) Or is that different to off roading.

Chris

I am out in Derbyshire next saturday, I am just waitibg for the 3 routes ;)

As for wales, it can be as easy as to get no scratches and lots of body damage. Just depends on where you go. (I will just say this "NO" before anyone asks) :)

Paul

Ah yes - there's self-inflicted houding:

RunningBoard001.jpg

And then there's the stuff SWMBO does when not concentrating ...

LakeDistrictLanes125.jpg

They are world's apart :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drop in for a cuppa then Paul. Gary will be here to if it all goes to plan. :p

Chris

Battered and Blue said:
Drop in for a cuppa then Paul. Gary will be here to if it all goes to plan. :p

Chris

All I know for now is we are atarting here

Tescos Whaley Bridge just off the A6

HIGH PEAK WHALEY BRIDGE,
BRIDGEMONT,
HIGH PEAK,
DERBYSHIRE,
SK23 7HT

But they do not have a cafe in that one!!

Paul

Ah. No caff. Bummer!

Plenty of biker stops out there.

Chris

So how about a trip to Sarn Helen, maybe Jimbo and Gav can give us a conducted tour?

Julian said:
So how about a trip to Sarn Helen, maybe Jimbo and Gav can give us a conducted tour?
I'm up for that depending on dates :)

Julian said:
Drive all the non TRO'd sections, all the way from Cardiff to Conwy, that would be cool (I haven't driven it all), perhaps a few of the really good lanes on the way thrown in for good measure, but we'd probably want a full weekend for it (unless people want to start at 5am and finish after dark). Be warned that some of the Sarn Helen sections are very scratchy and there's more than a few tight gates to deal with. 80's and 100's would certainly struggle, as Gav found out at one point.

:? I have a busy few weeks ahead but will try to look at organising something if there's interest for later in the summer :?:
Also, Sarn Helen may be able to handle it but any other lanes may not be able to take more than 5 or so vehicles, so I'd need someone to head up another group if interest spreads...

Paul said:
I can get hold of wrapping for bales, much stronger and comes in some nice colours :cool:
Now you could just be my next new best friend :D

I do like the idea of a bit of protective coating, stop the scratches.

Graham

I could be interested in this one, with the usual caviat od dates :cool:

Paul_Humphreys said:
[quote="Battered and Blue":tantbquy]Drop in for a cuppa then Paul. Gary will be here to if it all goes to plan. :p

Chris

All I know for now is we are atarting here

Tescos Whaley Bridge just off the A6

HIGH PEAK WHALEY BRIDGE,
BRIDGEMONT,
HIGH PEAK,
DERBYSHIRE,
SK23 7HT

But they do not have a cafe in that one!!

Paul[/quote:tantbquy]
What date is in mind Paul ?

Graham

Back