Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Where to find rubber matting / sheeting??

Gary Stockton

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
zimbabwe
Help - not related to LCs at all, but you're a clever bunch of people ....

I have a set of driveway gates that, due to the nature of the slope we're on, have a gap underneath them that varies from 5cm at one end to nearly 20cm at the other. Can't make the gates differently becuase they wouldn't open - and I can't take them off because this dude

52189877.jpg

would get out and about :lol: and poep on the neighbour's lawn :?

So to solve the problem, I have a bit of rubber mat that was sandwiched in at the bottom of the gate - so it closes the gap but is flexible enough to flex over the brick paving so I can open / close the gates.

Problem is, over time the rubber has worn / torn / given up the ghost. I'm looking for something fairly solid to replace it with, about 4 - 5mm thick, only 30mm wide so I don't have to cut too much off, and about 5m long (or 2x2.5m lengths). I'm not fussed if it's 10m long, as then I'll have some more for when it wears out again! And I don't care if it's ribbed / patterned or flat, really, and it doesn't have to be oil or chemical resistant. I can't seem to find anything suitable in my Google search (well, not for less than £10 / linear metre which is a tad extreme) - anyone got any solutions / ideas / recommendations for me, or potential suppliers?

Many thanks

Find local company which makes conveyor belts. Bet they would give you off cuts.

Did it sa.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

machine mart in portobello sell rubber sheet too if you want something quick for installing at the weekend.

Back