Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which Boost Controller?

CAT

Country Flag
ireland
Its just a spring nothing fancy at all but like you say you pay your money you make your choice , i went for the Turbosmart and got it a damn sight cheaper than Tweeks want for it . Search the web .

I have a hallman. Whatever you get make sure its a blocker and not a bleeder.

Cheers lads, further googling needed so.

Thought I'd try the eBay cheapie first at a tenner. Waste of time, didn't control boost - was all over the place. Upgraded to a midrange model, also eBay but this one about £40. Worked fine with a stock turbo when I just wanted to increase from 0.8 to 1.0 bar, but now I've fitted a Wink 4x4 hybrid, even when dialled back to just 1.5 bar, it opens and closes when near whatever threshold I set, so I dialled it back down to 0.8 while I look for a new one. I'll give turbosmart a try now - and if you're running a stock turbo you're welcome to try my outgoing one!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thought I'd try the eBay cheapie first at a tenner. Waste of time, didn't control boost - was all over the place. Upgraded to a midrange model, also eBay but this one about £40. Worked fine with a stock turbo when I just wanted to increase from 0.8 to 1.0 bar, but now I've fitted a Wink 4x4 hybrid, even when dialled back to just 1.5 bar, it opens and closes when near whatever threshold I set, so I dialled it back down to 0.8 while I look for a new one. I'll give turbosmart a try now - and if you're running a stock turbo you're welcome to try my outgoing one!
The halman comes with two springs. Iirc one is for up to 15 psi, the other stiffer one 15 plus.

That is a very generous offer GuyB. So is it the wink that you are getting rid of now? I can't seem to find a link to a wink boost controller? I should really bite the bullet and just get a turbosmart.

Back