Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which Haynes Manual?

catts

We've just acquired a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Y-KZJ71W (1994). We want to have a crack at doing the basics in maintenance ourselves, can anyone recommend a suitable Haynes Manual or similar? Many thanks.

You would be better off downloading the original workshop manuals, IIRC there was a link on this or another similar site?

I have never found the 'perfect' manual for any vehicle, even the great Chilton's range has some glaring errors that if not spotted could seriously damage your vehicle.

Have a scout around to see what is available.

regards

Dave

I'd put the Max Ellery manual ahead of the Haynes one personally but, as Frank says, the FSM will be the best, being the most accurate and comprehensive.

I'd put the Max Ellery manual ahead of the Haynes one personally but, as Frank says, the FSM will be the best, being the most accurate and comprehensive.

I 'think' I have a Max Ellery in the garage, IIRC it states you should tighten the front wheel bearings to 50 lbs Sq ft?

Definitely a better overall manual though than Haynes.

Have to dig it out and check that out,

regards

Dave

Last edited:
This might be better in the 90 series (KZJ) section. Is there an electronic FSM like there is for 80's? I'd go with that. Can't say I have seen one myself. Other than that save your money and just ask us what you want to do and we'll tell you. It's what we're here for.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back