Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Which offset is this?

Kilin4x4

Country Flag
malta
Hi guys,

Was going to ask the eternal question about whether 33s & a 2 inch lift rub the chassis on articulation or full lock however am sure the answer is here somewhere or definitely on the Mighty 90s FB Group so I'll look that one up.

Anyhow for my use, I think going with 265/75R16 rubber should be adequate - am thinking black modulars (or the black version of "white" wheelers) on BFGs All-Terrains would work

One last thing, offset. Rather then ask for pics on all negative offsets, I thought the other way round - I came across the below rig and like the way it looks and "sits" (although a 2inch lift is definitely also required) - what I need to find out now is what offset these wheels have.

From the pics, could you deduct what negative offset there is here? - just want to make sure I don't get any surprises when I receive the tyres at home.

Cheers,
k

IMG_7072.JPG IMG_7075.JPG IMG_7074.JPG

That might be on spacers, so hard to estimate the offset with any degree of accuracy.

What I do know is that 80 series 8×16 alloys with zero offset (and no spacers) work really well on a 90 and give the look in the pics.

I'm running them with 265/75r16 and 2 inch/50mm lift and have been very pleased for the last 8-9 years. :thumbup:

I'm thinking they are 16x8 with circa -30 offset because this is mine with 16x8 and zero offset wearing 285/75 R16 and the bigger tyres only just came flush with the arches i think .

Received a PM saying that offset is "definitely" -22 - Go figure!

I was 8mm out so shoot me :lol: glad you got your answer its so annoying to find pics of what we want with no information attached .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Kilin, i'm running same size tyres, with stock rims and 30mm spacer and the result is the below. Guessing the offset on those modulars would be around -38mm as they do stick out a bit more than mine

GQj4QuBCX2NruepqSw03lgHmQD5xCyyVSUwBQWsnR02xl1GSdRDiTp0fUdQJyuCgs48bL2IH-SQ3x52uN1U=w558-h990-no.jpg

nZ_FF2GKITtQ9II2_SfQ-A2guF9kxx5-2fpoHI1g1JpLJ2PABR6NRtz-JgMYmEsSPG2jJ6j4sbXPwZ9_E0=w1894-h990-no.jpg

Kilin, i'm running same size tyres, with stock rims and 30mm spacer and the result is the below. Guessing the offset on those modulars would be around -38mm as they do stick out a bit more than mine

View attachment 164359
View attachment 164360

Hi Robert,

How long have you been running the spacers and have you had any issues with them?

Also want to run spacers because I like my stock wheels but want to bring my tyres more flush with the flares.

I hear so much mixed info on them. Let me know any information you can give, thanks.

Hi Robert,

How long have you been running the spacers and have you had any issues with them?

Also want to run spacers because I like my stock wheels but want to bring my tyres more flush with the flares.

I hear so much mixed info on them. Let me know any information you can give, thanks.

on this LC i've had them for only a week now. No issues so far.

Had spacers before on 2 other LCs, a Hilux, and a Defender. Never had issues on those either. I've heard that they increase wear on wheel bearings but so far never kept a vehicle long enough to actually get to that point :)

Back