WHO CAN UNDERSEAL AND WAX PROPERLY, ANY RECOMENDATIONS?

kamalsrana

I am in kenya
Aug 23, 2010
South East
Garage
Hi, just want to get this done before winter kicks in fully.

Do you know anyone who can do a proper job? And use good materials?

Cheers :roll:

SimonD

I am in australia
Mar 15, 2010
Sydney
Julian Voelcker did mine while carrying out a deep service. Used Dinitrol as better than Waxoyl as it dries to a wax rather than staying sticky [mostly].

kamalsrana

I am in kenya
Aug 23, 2010
South East
Garage
Hi, thanks for that.

Did you do the undersealing by yourself, is it possible without too much sophisticate equipment?

Me and my son can do a lot of DIY, I have never attempted to underseal though ever.

Thanks

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

SimonD

I am in australia
Mar 15, 2010
Sydney
Others have certainly done it on the forum - search on wax. I asked Julian to do mine as the truck had a lot of superficial rust following sitting in a sea container back from Capetown with previous owners. My rationale was to get it done propoerly first and then I can do the following coats when needed. It isn't especially technical, just messy. One of the Dinitrol sprays goes into cavities well and wicks and the other seals the underside - I can get the numbers if you need them.

SimonD

I am in australia
Mar 15, 2010
Sydney
For the underbody use Dinitrol 4941MB underbody wax and for cavities Dinitrol 31250 Cavity Wax. JulianV seemed to use 6 litres and 4 litres respectively. Dinitrol info and contacts here

Ecoman

I am in scotland
Sep 8, 2010
Isle of Arran
Don't try and waxoyl on a gravel driveway. Ended up costing £60 for 2 large tubs of treatment, a weekends work and £200 for 4 tons of pink granite chuckies when the missus saw the mess :lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks