Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who had windows tinted ?

Mine are pretty much limo black.

They're dark as in on a night you can't see the kids sat in the back...from the front seat in low light areas!!

Not easy to see out of when its dark, I've fitted really bright reverse light bulbs.

Not too bad during the day but still dark.

Offers massive privacy, can't see what's in the boot. Helps keep the interior cool (it needs all the help it can get) and kids are shaded in the sun.

20190506_133150.jpg

20190506_133141.jpg

I was thinking on yours Gary black on black its the obvious choice and driving a van with no rear windows causes no issues . :think: maybe i should just have the front side windows tested to see what if anything can be added , it must let 75% light through i believe , and take it from there .

Yeah 75% minimum light, doesn't take much.

My Windscreen has a dark tint across the top so wouldn't want to touch the side windows, wind deflectors have a slight tint.

The dark blue is my windscreen, not the sky or a filter on the pic
IMG_20180528_091240_235.jpg

the windows are at their legal tint julian from factory. any tint added to the front windows is illegal. I looked into it. that's if the info was right.

the windows are at their legal tint julian from factory. any tint added to the front windows is illegal. I looked into it. that's if the info was right.
This was confirmed roadside by the boys in blue with their meter. They are just under the limit in fact but as said, any tint, possibly even clear (would have to check), would take them over the limit.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Any tint to the driver, passenger or windscreen will get you stopped pretty quickly around here. However things like the 3M security film on driver + passenger side windows is ok. I don't believe it adds to opacity.

My 90 has a 20% (if I remember correctly) tint all round except the windscreen. It gets a bit tough to look out at night but it's really worth it in my opinion.
20190621_171252.jpg

When I originally bought my 90 in 2004, it had a dark tint all round (except windscreen). Got pulled in 2009 by the police and had to strip it off the front side windows on the spot.

Much better visibility at night since then!

On my 120 the Factory Tint on the rear window and the two rear side windows has distorted/Bubbled quite Bad in the recent Heat.... Looks crap Now.. Just wondered if i could Peel it off but dont know if the rear heat strip or the Antenna strips would end up coming off with it.....:angry-screaming:

OK i spent an hour making phonecalls trying to find a company that actually used a police tint tester , most don't own one :wtf:

Then visited to be told front windows are almost at the legal max tint and clear sellotape would make them illegal . Regardless of this and the fact he couldn't fit my vehicle in for at least 3 weeks he was happy to walk me around the carpark looking at different cars sharing his knowledge on the principles of tinting .

Long story short my truck is too tall and has too many windows to benefit at all from a tint less than Limo black at the back to darken the interior which will emphasize the factory tint on the front windows and visiblity will not be greatly reduced because the tint he uses mimics how many cars come out of the factory nowadays .

I know the windows already have a factory tint, that's why I said factory tint is barely noticeable, perhaps I could have phrased that better?
Obviously any tint added to factory will take the tint level on the window over the legal limit.
Saying that my BeMtroubleyou seems to have more factory tint than my Land Cruiser?

I should clarify he tested the windows with his machine in front of me , and this is a guy that makes his living from selling tint telling me he can't sell me anything for the front windows . Can only respect that :thumbup:

Limo black is the only way :icon-cool:

It does make a difference, we notice it when out laning, kids are happy in the back and we get a sun tan lol.

I went 15% on the back windows as a compromise and think it's a good one. Still quite dark but doesn't cause a visibility problem.

I got pulled in the Tahoe I had a few years ago, got his machine out and it was 3% over on the driver and passenger, I didn't even know it had tint film on it. I got a £30 fine, told him I'd take it off when I got back home. The rear windows were glass that colour from the factory.

177.JPG

If I could have any truck back I'd owned it would be this one, comfy, quiet and fast.

On my 120 the Factory Tint on the rear window and the two rear side windows has distorted/Bubbled quite Bad in the recent Heat.... Looks crap Now.. Just wondered if i could Peel it off but dont know if the rear heat strip or the Antenna strips would end up coming off with it.....:angry-screaming:
If it’s bubbled it’s aftermarket as factory tint isn’t film but is in the glass. Yes, it peels off quite easy, especially at the side of the road with a copper looking over your shoulder. :)

I’ve peeled mine off the back to get at the heater strips. Not sure if the peeling damaged them further but I suspect not. You could try a hair dryer to warm it up a bit I suppose.

If it’s bubbled it’s aftermarket as factory tint isn’t film but is in the glass. Yes, it peels off quite easy, especially at the side of the road with a copper looking over your shoulder. :)

I’ve peeled mine off the back to get at the heater strips. Not sure if the peeling damaged them further but I suspect not. You could try a hair dryer to warm it up a bit I suppose.
Cheers Rich, Seems a bit weird that some one would put the film on the Glass.. It has hardly any, if non at all tint.. Its not as such Bubbled, more like Crazy hall of mirrors affect...Il get me scraper out...

Back