Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Changing the front axle control arm bushes on the 80. PO put split poly bushes in about 18 years ago, which I wanted to change back to OEM. Should be a nice easy job to drop the arms off, but not when the bolts are rusted solid into the sleeves. One bolt came out easily. No amount of heat, hammering, or cursing would budge the other 5. Thank god for reciprocating saws, and a good blade.

20240228_155454.jpg

Noticed a small leak on my inlet manifold last week, probably due to the higher boost pressure from the new Gturbo, so took off the inlet manifold, cleaned it all up & fitted new gaskets this afternoon, all pretty straight forward & hopefully cured. Will give it a good run tomorrow.

Did usual 5000 mile oil change and AHC bleeding. I did full AHC flush over a year ago and now did yearly maintenance AHC bleed. It took about 1.2 litre to bleed all 4 sides but wasted some while filling the reservoir. I will see how much is in the can exactly and add it to classified section if anyone needs.

Last edited:
Busy day today, swap winter/summer wheels over on the Forester and service the brakes at the same time, then wheels off the 120 and service the brakes on that plus general checkover for MOT end of this month.

later.....my knees are protesting.

Last edited:
Back