Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Just got my truck back after it failed its mot with a diesel leak, there's some clean bits under there now.
IMG_4564.JPG
IMG_4565.JPG
IMG_4566.JPG

Last edited:
Right, got the second 20" light bar fitted but two together are not quite as bright as I expected them to be;

Main beam + 1 LED light bar

Main beam + 1 LED light bar.JPG

Main beam + 2 LED light bars, bit more growth on the bushes, but it is spring

Main beam + 2 LED light bars.jpg

From the front

Front 2.jpg

Front.jpg

Last edited:
I can see a massive difference,have you angled one further up than the other,bet you could see all the LEDs when you closed your eyes after taking that photo lol.I thought about getting 2 smaller ones for in the front bumper grills for a bit more light.need a day time photo to see how they look together bet it looks well now.

Yes the lower one is pointing very slightly down and the upper is straight ahead, both bars only come on with main beam, and I'm still seeing white blobs. :lol:
Added a picture of both unlit.

Last edited:
Only the first two photos have appeared on my iPad Chas, but I see a big difference... very nice indeed :thumbup:

Oh, quel surprise! Look what came via the postie yesterday...

image.jpg

image.jpg

They all all have sliding and fully adjustable "spot lamp" type mounts...

image.jpg

There's two circa 20", one for the front bumper bar to replace my rotting spots, and one for a work light to go under the rear end of the roof rack, and the longer one circa 30" will go under the front end of the roof rack, when I get time to fit them.

They cost an arm and a leg, but they are Cree LEDs, at least. Combo fog and beam, all 3. Can't wait, if they're as good as yours, Chas :dance:

Quick edit, ouch! The other 2 photos have just appeared Chas! :cool:

Last edited:
Just got my truck back after it failed its mot with a diesel leak, there's some clean bits under there now.

Wow! That's a new pump you've got there Nick, dare I ask how much? I need one I'm sure, to get a bit more than the top end 125kph that I get at the moment, I've checked all the fuel lines and filters, and they're as clean as a whistle, can't think what else would hold mine back...

Does your truck run any better now?

Nice one matey...:thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's been reconditioned with all new bits and bobs. As for cost, I've no idea if I've been bottom raped but I'm sitting funny. £720 for the recon and £430 for removing fitting and timing kit and an mot! Not really noticed any difference in the running except for a tiny puff of black smoke as you start it.

Clive mine are Cree as well, cost was £136 for the pair the eBay page said;

Material diecast aluminum housing

Lens material:Toughed glass

Color: Black

Color Temperature: 6000K

LED Power: 60W 5400lm

Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC

Waterproof rate: IP 65

12pcs*5w high intensity CREE LEDs

Mounting Bracket: Alu firm bracket

Beam: 8 degree

I think all are spots, 8 degree beam angle, they do give a fair old spread though, I'm very pleased with them.
Are you sure you want one at the rear as a work light. :think: they are extremely bright.

Well, it's pretty dark at my place if there's no moon. It's darker than the darkest dark place, as you will find when you come (I suggest you arrive in daylight if that can be arranged:lol:). No I'm not sure of anything really, just seemed like a good idea :think:

I've paid the equivalent of about (just checking that Aura's not looking :eusa-shhh:) £70 each which is Ok if you say it quickly...:whistle: Including delivery, so it's just a case of fitment, switches, wiring, fuses, relays... and... whatever... piece of cake...:shifty:

Anyway, they're an essential safety feature, safety is paramount isn't it? Yes it is I hear you all say at once, so that's OK then...

Last edited:
It's been reconditioned with all new bits and bobs. As for cost, I've no idea if I've been bottom raped but I'm sitting funny. £720 for the recon and £430 for removing fitting and timing kit and an mot! Not really noticed any difference in the running except for a tiny puff of black smoke as you start it.

Ouch, wish I hadn't asked :doh:

Still, it's one less thing to go wrong Nick, you might get some benefit from reduced consumption... just trying to optimistic...

Thanks Clive. Yeah wasn't exactly chuffed that it needed doing but hopefully won't need touching again. Money would have been spent on it anyway just maybe not so much all at once. Still, on the bright side, only a month to pay day...

Last edited:
Thanks Clive. Yeah wasn't exactly chuffed that it needed doing but hopefully won't need touching again. Money would have been spent on it anyway just maybe not so much all at once. Still, on the bright side, only a month to pay day...

Actually, I was starting to wonder where the tiny puff of black smoke came from when you start it? Maybe from your abused bottom...:whistle:

I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with you wondering about my abused bottom Clive :shifty:

My 80 series has been the recipient of crap maintenance for the last 19 years, so today I put in the F 27 R 72 battery that actually belongs in it, replacing a very week F 24 battery. It's amazing how much better it starts, though the first time I fired it up, the throttle went a bit nutty and it settled on a 1400 rpm idle. I shut it down and restarted, and it settled back down to its normal 800 rpm idle.

Well got home the other night only to smell gear oil,had a look under motor only to find prop leaking from transfer box and spayed all over,phoned AA as got cover and they got it into local garage I use.got it back from garage today, new seals all round for props all gear oil changed and leak on the dipstick for auto box fixed,now fingers crossed will be ok for a bit now.

You have certainly had your monies worth from the AA policy Sag , think i might get the same for Helens truck before the clock hits 100k in about 1600 miles , do you think they will accept it for warranty insurance ?

Had a issue with the gear stick on the 120, it kinda went all floppy..... (oo er mrs). Turns out this is a known issue on the 120's with the auto boxes. Basically there is a pin that is part of the gear stick mechanism which has been poorly designed by Toyota and after a bit of time the plastic that the pin sits in cracks and breaks.

Found a chap on Pradopoint that does a repair kit, basically a shorter spring and longer pin.
http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?25297-120-Prado-shift-lever-repair-kit

So for just over £10 part arrived in a week and I fitted it today, took all of 15mins to do the job and all working ok again

Back