Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who is doing what maintenance today?

Forgive me Sag, I couldn't resist. My sense of humour you understand. On a serious note, sorry to hear all that and hope it all goes well for you.

Clive, you are welcome. [emoji6]

Bugger, sorry to here that, makes my two lost digits pale into insignificance, when i had my accident i asked if they were going to try & repair them what would the outcome be, two stiff fingers with not a lot of use i was told so i didn't hesitate in telling them to take them off, my hands are my job & i cope quite well how my hand is know, make sure you have it done under a general though they did mine under a local & it hurt, BOY DID IT HURT, you will probably suffer phantom pains because your brain thinks the finger is still there, try & get through this without the drugs they give you for it they space you out, i stopped them after about four days & did cold turkey, it does ease but can take some time, i still get them know & again after two years, good luck with the other op

Got my OBDII cable and Techstream software working on my 64 bit laptop. Pulled off a P0093 code which suggest a big fuel leak. The car had cut out a couple of times recently in precisely the "limp for a minute then die" mode the ECU is supposed to do in those circumstances.

Couldn't see any sign of fuel leaks, but a cursory twiddle of the fuel filter drain plug let out a few ml of water. I've never had any water in there. Had a fuel filter I bought the week I bought the car, about 70K miles ago. Given tomorrow's weather forecast is terrible I thought tonight would be a good time to change it. Diesel in the old filter had some black gloop in it. New filter fitted and I think the engine sounds better on tick over, but that could be imagining it. Need to work out how to reset MIL codes tomorrow and we'll see how it goes.

Got a few things from the states in a recent trip, this is the first to be fitted.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447496825.861518.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447496895.460889.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447496905.511125.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447496915.895111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Taken off the broken bits from Lincomb on the 100, back to good in no time all being well.

B8CB31BC-4748-417F-B80A-471A7478649B_zpsncgzyfd5.jpg

118C2A7E-D92E-4EFE-8BE7-F51865A1BCAB_zpsi5v4fnjy.jpg

This week.....Engine oil/filter, fuel filter, air filter. New transfer box seal (front prop like Shane), change oil in front diff, transfer box and rear diff - not me but my local 4x4 geezer :)
Castrol oils..75w-90 in Transfer and diffs, magnatec in engine oh, and a new engine oil drain plug with a magnet on........

I like the look of STTs and they get good reviews on here at any rate.

I'm waiting for a set of BFG ATs, new type at the mo.

Bit of a fail today, and probably should have worked it out before buying!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448132344.987657.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448132357.805748.jpg
Was going to use it to mount a light, but will probably sell it instead!!
Anybody ever mount anything from the rear wheel carrier mount???
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448132455.945508.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had my new rims and tyres fitted after taking advice from Chris J, I didn't have them balanced, instead I put OKO tyre sealant in as Chris told me they would then self balance and he was right.
I had all the old balance weights removed from the rims and just put the OKO in and at all speeds, up to 80 anyway, and not the slightest sign of a tremor, even better than before with the previous set up.
One more gratuitous picture of my new wheels.
This was taken at my archery clubs ground. We shot a round in the most atrocious temperature, I froze my nuts off, my right hand fingers (which draw the bowstring) were actually numb with no feeling left, needless to say my scores today were not the best.

7.jpg

Last edited:
Back