Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Who was it had to keep lubricating the clutch fork ?

Shayne

Guru
I'm having to do the same so i'm wondering if there are any updates before i have a go at bleeding ?

I've done it a after a squeek appeared on idle with the clutch out. The slightest pressure on the clutch fork/arm stopped the noise. It was the ball joint that the arm pivots on. A bit of white grease and all good.:thumbup:

Lots of air in mine and I paid a garage to fit new master and slave not so many miles ago so

2FE364F0-8857-4202-92C9-BFF4AA1B8BAA.jpeg

Things have gone tits up now though because trying to bleed it on my own I let too much fluid out . JUst have to wait for an extra pair of hands now

It should gravity bleed if you top the reservoir right up and open the nipple a couple of turns but obviously not as quick as the 4 handed method.

Yeah but why not see how many favours i can turn down before somebody says oh i can help for 5 minutes .

Bitch of a time bleeding my clutch. The MC reservoir was so small just 3 pumps of the pedal and air drew in. I don't think you need PTFE tape if that is what I see. The seal is on the end of the pipe, not the thread itself. Just less hassle to leave it off.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Boredom had me let gravity do the work , waiting on the boss to get up after a night shift to pump the pedal a bit .

I have a bleed kit but for reasons i'm not quite sure of little confidence in it .

Quick lap and my immediate fears that i need a new clutch have eased can only wait and see what happens when fluid gets warm with a car full .

Back