Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Why i need a landrover

ratrace

Country Flag
uk
ok its a Land cruiser site but i was i ask why do i need Land rover

And socks AS WELL ! what you doing driving a bloody land rover :lol:

well here why

easy answer it keeps my hands busy the other two just need a oil change every 5,000 miles/6 months

I had a major smoking problem i smoke more than 60 a day which was costing me about £18 per day, £130 per week about £6750 per year

So i give up 15 years ago and got my 1st car to fix, sold it and got another and did the same again until i got into off roading a few years ago, thats when i did the best thing ever, I brought a Discovery that needed repairs all the time it was heaven

So yes i am a land rover owner and will always be one because it saves me money

Oh i did look a few weeks ago and how people can afford to smoke i will never know

I also have a dark secret parked next to my garage in a defender form. Had it for many years i have had so much fun in it i just cant really let it go. Needs some work but thats what stops it going. Parts are so cheap and easy to get they make alot of sence in the uk.

Stu

I also Have a Defender as a play toy. i dont like scratching/denting my shiny landcruiser so the defender takes all the abuse.:lol:

Crikey lads, a few of you coming out of the closet.....:icon-surprised:

The family car was a Disco 4, lovely to drive and completely flawless - was changed last year for an Evoque, which is like a fat car rather than a 4x4, again, flawless, and about 40 or so per gallon (D4 was awful, maybe 24 mpg!).

Much prefer my Prado though, miles more road presence, different to most other things on road, and comfy, even with 7 on board. Worth what, a few thousand? But can't find anything I want to replace it with, theres not a LR product suitable (I find the Defender driving position torture, it being designed for one armed huchback short-legged Kings of England, mainly whichever Richard was found under the car park in Leicester.....), nor is there really a Toyota, hi-lux is an option but quad cab gives issues.

And, maybe Ive just strayed into the wrong ones, but I find the Landy forums to be a bit aggressive/abusive ?

So, not sure what I would give up in order to replace the Prado with a Landy, breathing possibly...... :icon-cool:

Pete

The family car was a Disco 4, lovely to drive and completely flawless - was changed last year for an Evoque, which is like a fat car rather than a 4x4, again, flawless, and about 40 or so per gallon (D4 was awful, maybe 24 mpg!).

Much prefer my Prado though, miles more road presence, different to most other things on road, and comfy, even with 7 on board. Worth what, a few thousand? But can't find anything I want to replace it with, theres not a LR product suitable (I find the Defender driving position torture, it being designed for one armed huchback short-legged Kings of England, mainly whichever Richard was found under the car park in Leicester.....), nor is there really a Toyota, hi-lux is an option but quad cab gives issues.

And, maybe Ive just strayed into the wrong ones, but I find the Landy forums to be a bit aggressive/abusive ?

So, not sure what I would give up in order to replace the Prado with a Landy, breathing possibly...... :icon-cool:

Pete

Im with you on the defender driving position, Very uncomfortable.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Only jesting ratrace personal choice is just that and there's no need to justify it to anybody . In theory the LR110 ticks every box for me because i like the way its just bolted together and i did for a while harbour a fetish for a 110 with 35's on it . When i started modifying my 90 it frustrated me that everything i looked for was readily available off the shelf for landrovers while i was looking for a needle in a haystack , still does sometimes . I understand your reference to smoking to - when i was a hands on grafter 2oz of baccy lasted me about 5 days but now i'm the boss and for the most part just answer the phone which is not work at all but 10 times more frustrating i buy 4 oz at a time and refuse to think about how long it lasts .

Not the same, but similar - many years ago, most of my mates had Triumph T140's in varying states of tune from nowt to daft. Every Sunday we used to go somewhere, southend for some chips or something. I used to start going to collect them on my trusty Suzuki GS1000s, only to find at least one of them changing pistons, oil pumps, valves etc etc - we never used to get to Southend without a Trumpet failure! However, if I had the chance, I would have one tomorrow! Just fun and cool in a fun sort of way!

a couple I met at work, a good 20 years ago, both used to smoke 60 a day each. even 20 years ago, that was a fortune. They gave up, and put all the money they saved into a separate account. After their first cruise, they knew they would never smoke again. They were doing three high end cruises a year on that money.

I like landrovers, I've owned several, but I just can't live with the build quality.

The only one that would float my boat now would be a pre1950 headlights behind the grill series one, but they're serious money now. Could kick myself, you could buy one for 6k 10 years ago.

happy man today the exhaust is blowing on the Paj so a nice welding job in the morning, looking forward to doing the job

Back