Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wind noise

warrenpfo

I have replaced my drivers side window rubber and Since then I have a whistle once I reach a certain speed.

Any ideas??

Yes it's fitted right there are no bits sticking out or bits of the rubber overlapping. I had thought it might have something to do with the little black blob of plastic halfway down the front edge but it does not seem to move.

Just a suggestion but maybe if you go over the rubber with a heat gun or hair dryer then cool it quickly with cold water making the rubber expand and contract of few times it will help it settle in and cure the whistle ?

It's brand new rubber seals and with the warm weather we have had I would of thought the heat may have gone that but I may be wrong.

Yeah but rubbers elastic so you may have stretched half and compressed the other half while fitting it especially while its warm . Hot and cold might not cure anything but it costs nothing to try .

Sounds like the glass is not fully seated when closed. There might be a high spot in the channel stopping the glass from going fully up and sealing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back