Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

windows

I am having mine done and all the glass is coming out. They inspect and treat anything they find. There is also a very good guarantee on the work. I went to look at some of their work. It's like they have replaced the glass completely. They even have a proper clean room for doing this in. They are taking my front screen out too whilst I am there and they are going to reseal it for me as it's leaking. They need the truck for nearly 3 days. They were very clear that they do not cut around any frames The glass is treated right to the edge. They are a windscreen company so they know how to fit glass properly.

OK not cheap. But if you want a proper job.. And I'm not doing it. What a pain.

Chris

I want to put some hinting on my windows too. What are the typical % ratings used? How dark is the tint which blocks 70% light?

james-c said:
How dark is the tint which blocks 70% light?
Your best bet is to go to a tinting place and ask them to show you, they should have samples you can look at. I usually go for 1 level down from a limo tint for the rear windows and the very lightest tint available for the front. You tend to find that the darker tint on the back makes the front tint seem darker from the outside than it really is.

Back