Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wiring a Raptor 4x4 Tornado LED Square Spotlight 15W RGB Remote Control Flood Spot Combo

Buller

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Has anyone bought one of these Raptor LED light
Theres a yellow wire and no one at Raptor 4x4 knows what is for which is pretty crap.

Attachments

• IMG_6322.JPG
    IMG_6322.JPG
    481.4 KB · Views: 16
Will just be an earth wire that you can ignore i'd imagine.

Don't think so. I forgot to say. It has a remote that you can turn on/off and dim the light. I've wired it and it just stays on. I "think", its something to do with the remote sensor in the light unit.
Raptor "thinks" it should be wired to the live but they are next to f@@@ing useless an don't really know

Black is earth surely, not yellow.

Has it got a halo ring around it that yellow could connect to ?

Yes, Black is to Earth, Red Live. Yellow......????

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My EGT gauge has separate wires for constant live and operational live. The constant live is required to "remember" your settings. That would make sense in this context if the LED needed to remember any settings, possibly the last setting selected via the remote? The schematic is for the gauges but makes the point; I'd connect them both to +ve and see what happens.

1657908339203.png

Yep, I'll give it a go as I haven't heard from Raptor as promised.
Cheers

Nope, Yellow to Live and still can't turn the damm thing off with the remote. Unless the remote is duff, I've tried 3 sets of batteries before you ask!

Are Raptor just the supplier of these lights and not the manufacturer, if so that's why Raptor not responding ?
If you can find out who manufactures them, they will have the answer, but could be in Chinese ?

Try tapping the yellow on the positive terminal to see if it changes colour or flashing frequency

Flood OR spot perhaps suggests high low beam connections, so connect red and black to your test battery and the remote should work if its going to .

Well. I tried all ways. Its going back as I'm fed up trying to get it going in the blazing sun. Rear awning coming tomorrow from Direct 4x4 so I'm still happy!
Cheers all.

Odd there are no instructions with it, Chinese manufacture?
Maybe you could bottle some sunlight and use that instead is spotlights...hmm
I'm with you there, messing about in this blazing sun is hopeless. I've tried many attempts with my rear lights over the last couple of weeks and gave up.
Good news with the awning !

I long ago accepted that if it has a sticker on it saying made in any place but China then thats where the sticker was made .

£23.99 = £1 to China , £20 to Germany for EU approval and £2 for the UK seller who paid 99p for the Raptor sticker .

While trying to gauge a used price for my 3.5 hp v twin compressor I found so many identical hosting different brand name stickers that i am left in no doubt at all that they all came from China . Same with any generic/universal item sold in just about any country .

Back