Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Worst car on the planet!

The ticking noise sounds like it could be a cracked header (Exhaust manifold), have read loads on Mud about them.

That would coincide with the air floating around the coolant system and the crap idle. Is there anyway to know what exactly is doing this?? I've spoken to a mechanic and he reckons the valves might be burned out due to the LPG. I would remove the manifold myself but the lpg system is all over the top of it.

Andy is talking about the exhaust manifolds, which have a reputation for cracking and making a ticking noise, not the inlet manifold which is probably what you mean has the lpg system all over the top of? Changing the exhaust manifolds is not a trivial job, they are not the only possible source of ticking noises though so best to try and pin down where the noise is coming from. Obviously the lpg injectors make a clicking noise when it's running on lpg, it's not that is it?

Yeah you're right I had read it wrong and didn't edit my post!! The ticking noise is probably the exhaust manifold But at this stage it ain't running for long enough to tick!! It's not on lpg either. I am getting it to a garage next week as it is major and I'm pissed off trying to fix it by guessing and wasting cash. The mechanic said it sounds like a compression issue which could mean burnt out valves and a rebuild. If that's the case I'll scrap it and cut my losses

This is really a very sad story. Just before Christmas my LC100 stopped dead in the middle of the street on it's way to Tesco. It had been running very rich before then burning up both much needed LPG and petrol along the way, with the MPG dropping like a stone. What was needed was a small adjustment on the LPG system, which had been knocked off during a repair on the cooling system to put everything back to normal. The ONLY problem I've got now is that sometimes the suspension is very soft and bumpy while the AHC occasionally doesn't work, even though no indication of this failure flashes up on the dashboard. Otherwise, it's a great drive, even with summer tyres in snow. Greg, I hope you're reading this!

John

Just for closure on this topic I had to leave it with a mechanic who did some adjustments to the baseline idle. He said it was a few things which he was a bit vague about but it's sorted now and running ok. Thanks to everyone who helped me out on this I am very grateful to you!!!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Happy days James. Thems fine trucks when rolling properly. I'm glad the matches stayed in your back pocket :cool:

That's the one thing about LPG systems. Run too lean or too rich and they're a dog with three legs. Find the sweet spot and it's heaven on earth.....Glad it's all now sorted.

John

Back