Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

would you?

That will only be good for paperwork not necessarily stolen though.

Buy the paperwork from him , steal a similar car , swap the number plates to match the documents and sell it for 30k+

Last edited:
'no insurance claim was pursued? so why not sue your neighbour for £36k. Whats good in it after the heat from the fire? Probably all the alu casting on the gearbox and transfer box is melted as well. I just offered him £1 for it. Prick.

As above its not worth anything burnt to that degree,it's a very expensive log book in my eyes :shock:

Buy the paperwork from him , steal a similar car , swap the number plates to match the documents and sell it for 30k+

Trust you Shayne, "Honest guv, it was a good runner when I sold it..." :laughing-rolling:

8k for a pile of scrap? No way. The lengths people will go chasing the current "Rat-Rig" fashion... I ask you :icon-rolleyes:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You miss my point mate , which is nobody spends 10's of thousands on a used vehicle without doing some homework , history check etc which makes it difficult to sell a stolen car .

Attach this "clean" history to a stolen vehicle and it will be months at least before the scam is revealed and the vehicle is confiscated , the seller and your money will be long gone and legally there is nothing you can do .

Even if you bought on finance after doing all the relevant checks the debt remains yours and the car will be crushed or returned to its original owner if his/her insurance hasn't already settled .

Last edited:
Understood Shayne, I didn't really miss the point, just having a laugh really.

Certainly it's a serious subject, there's no immunity from buying a dud, it's irrelevant what checks you make.

If in doubt, leave it out.

Why bother listing it, especially for 8k? Is he purely listing to for someone to use "Shanye's" idea?

The front lights have melted out, can't be much usable in there. Rear Land Cruiser badge? :laughing-rolling:

That should have been crushed and nothing from it used, a Cat A if you like.

When modern vehicle parts burn they create very toxic substances including very strong acids which are incredibly dangerous.

Yes it is a ringer, Ebay should be removing it asap.

Regarding VIN plates, it just has to have a legible one for an MOT. I've stamped up ones before to replace rusted out ones ;)

Yes I was wondering how/if they checked originality as every make is different. Hardly worth the bother of checking then ?

I imagine the payout came from a house insurance claim and so the DVLA nor anyone else has been informed that the truck is damaged at all , its a ghost it exists on paper alone .

The seller is probably not breaking any laws and he knows a guy that knows a guy that can make this profitable . It's an ad to attract criminals and its 8 grand because he doesn't want some numpty asking if the badge on the back is still good .

Like it or not an mot can be bought if you know the right people , and the seller of the stolen car doesn't give a damn if it gets crushed at its next valid mot .

What makes my blood boil is in these cases the buyer remains the victim even if the crooks are caught . On that police xfactor tv bull recently i watched police confiscate an Ifor Williams trailer worth about 2 grand . The guy had all the paperwork and genuine proof of purchase (ebay) and was found to be completely innocent of any wrongdoing . For his 2 grand all he got was advice from the police to save up and buy another preferably direct from Ifor next time .

I imagine the payout came from a house insurance claim and so the DVLA nor anyone else has been informed that the truck is damaged at all , its a ghost it exists on paper alone .

The seller is probably not breaking any laws and he knows a guy that knows a guy that can make this profitable . It's an ad to attract criminals and its 8 grand because he doesn't want some numpty asking if the badge on the back is still good .

Like it or not an mot can be bought if you know the right people , and the seller of the stolen car doesn't give a damn if it gets crushed at its next valid mot .

What makes my blood boil is in these cases the buyer remains the victim even if the crooks are caught . On that police xfactor tv bull recently i watched police confiscate an Ifor Williams trailer worth about 2 grand . The guy had all the paperwork and genuine proof of purchase (ebay) and was found to be completely innocent of any wrongdoing . For his 2 grand all he got was advice from the police to save up and buy another preferably direct from Ifor next time .

With you on that one Shayne. I know the guy was not accused of any wrong-doing, but he lost his cash and anyway. It's not that a trailer needs to be registered in the UK (or at least it didn't last time I was resident 15 years ago) but I suppose that's irrelevant.

When crooks get caught, they should be made to compensate victims of their crimes, down the line, not just punished for the crime.

Back