Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WTF Covid.

No democratic government can hope to survive a pandemic that demands an authoritarian regme response .
I don't think it does.New Zealand & Taiwan have done a pretty good job.But yes some plain speaking would have helped , along with competent folks at the wheel who actually care about us.

True Karl, thankfully I haven’t watched one for 20 years now:eusa-naughty:

Yup same here, donkeys years since we watched live telly of any description (Prime and Netflix and DVD player plenty), ditto radio news of any sort (adverts i've avoided since they stopped being amusing back in the 80s) and its well over 30 years since i bought what was once known as newspapers.
Can't believe how many are addicted to the black box.

Yeah, must be loads of people not subscribing to any of the media mentioned. I know lots of people doing same
I watch a little selected tv, no radio, except some music and the newsflashes that intervene, no newspapers, etc, yet I don't feel deprived or cut off.
There's too much bullshit and brainwashing in the media that influences too many lemmings, that cant make up their own unbiased minds, on many important matters. Rationality and logic are becoming redundant tools.

Yeah, must be loads of people not subscribing to any of the media mentioned. I know lots of people doing same
I watch a little selected tv, no radio, except some music and the newsflashes that intervene, no newspapers, etc, yet I don't feel deprived or cut off.
There's too much bullshit and brainwashing in the media that influences too many lemmings, that cant make up their own unbiased minds, on many important matters. Rationality and logic are becoming redundant tools.
Tend to listen to Chris Country now ... 5 mins of news every now and then .... none of the plain bias shown by the untrustworthy BBC

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I google the news every day not looking for facts but rather feeling out the mood , if something of interest happened in Germany or India i try to find small news local to that area and wonder at the truth of the matter . TV wise i turn it on for the 9pm movie i'm unlikely to watch out of habit and thats about it subtitled moving pictures on mute , its a lamp really i suppose .

Saturday night i will watch a movie on netfix because its the only night the mrs is home and awake . I don't think i was ever a telly addict , it was always a bored and skint box :lol:

BBC would have to pay me to read or watch it .

I don’t think the release of COVID 19 or it’s latest spawn COVID 21 is in any way a conspiracy theory, it’s more of a fact. Just look up the policies and history of the Club Of Rome and the World Economic Forum, and it’s there in plain sight. Dream up and release disasters that can only be tackled by a world governance, such as pandemics and Global Warming... the next one will be space alien attacks...

This is not a joke, but it’s all man-made to invoke the agenda.

Trump was the only ‘politician’ I know of who offered any resistance to the NWO. He’s been ousted for this reason, the CCP deleted hundreds of thousands of Trump votes from the voting machines on-line.

The truth will out, and I hope Trump takes office again, otherwise we’re all going under the CCP umbrella, whether we like it or not.

Thats my take on it, thankfully we still have freedom of opinion and speech, but that won’t last long. Censorship and cancel culture is blooming just now, worldwide.
Yes Bill Gates ate my hamster , perhaps that's because he's a lizard?

In balance the leader of the opposition Mr hindsight and let child molesting gangs escape prosecution Starmer or any other government of any colour would have done no better .... you can't please everyone and yet everyone is an "expert" on how or what should have been done ....
The UK is leading all of Europe in the vaccination of it's population .... ..
We should be looking at and to China both for causing the virus and allowing it to spread around the world for months before they had to admit they had lost control ..
China must be held to account .... sadly only Trump and Australia seem to have the balls or the will to do so .

Have a look at your lot...

These idiots are debating "weetabix with baked beans!" and getting paid very well for their job..

I don't think there's any your lot or my lot any more, we've gone exactly how the US has gone (Trump threw a spanner in their works, sadly we have no Trump and no one who kept his promises would be allowed anywhere near the levers of power under our electoral system) where we also have the Uniparty.

There isn't a fag paper between the 2.5 parties, the SNP are self destructing so Lord above knows what will happen in Scotland next time.

Our parliamentary system relies upon a viable intelligent and adversarial Opposition to hold the govt to account, keeps the govt on its toes, instead we now have oppositions (both teams guilty of this) who rubber stamp everything the govt does but then bitches they didn't destroy the country hard enough or quickly enough.
Tories (fake conservatives who conserve nothing) who couldn't vote for Blairs last war quickly enough, really they are all the same apart from a desperately small handful who now and again rise up on their hind legs and object usually to an empty chamber, gets some decent publicity though and keeps the shire dyed in the wool tory voters happy i suppose.

Our system is in tatters, we now have an elected dictatorship with an out of control inept govt passing decrees, and the Police themselves out of control drunk on powers handed to them by failed ministers and an opposition of complete no hopers, how the bloody hell did we get to this state.

For too long people have been voting for the supposed least worse of hopeless parties, led by the wrong people as they have been for decades, i flatly refuse to vote negatively for a fool who is alleged to be less dangerous than the other fool, who's judging these fools the bought and paid for mainstream media?
Haven't voted for any of the 3 for donkeys years, i suspect i'll never vote again because there literally is no one worth the time traipsing up there and putting a cross against someone whose party i have not one jot of faith in, the Tories in particular always crying Wolf threatening to vote against the govt, only to as they do every single time trot dutifully into the lobby they were told to.

Don't get me started on the Farage farce.
I will not deny him the honour he deserves for forcing the Brexit vote, but he is not the person who can lead this country out of the spiral into the totalirian state it is now heading towards.

You know what will happen in the next election? same as all the others, the two teams will outdo each other with promises of more money for wheover they think will fall for the bribes, money plucked from the air or the arse of the chancellor, promises they have no intention of keeping, and yes the electorate will resort once again to voting for the least worse of these two dead parties and in 5 years time we'll be having this discussion again, but with an unpayable national debt of almost £3 trillion and we'll still be in some form of repeat lockdowns chasing a fake pandemic around whilst they move the chess pieces for the great reset into position.
I'm with Father Jack...DRINK.

Last edited:
Agreed..... it seems that the world in general is heading into a reverse of evolution led by the Snowflake and PC generation that are now prevalent ....
"we' re doomed " (in a Sgt Frazier accent).... ;-)

Off the wall note, my dear old departed Mum was a part time silver sevice waitress (is that a sex stereotype, will i be cast out) when i was a schoolboy, John Laurie who played Private Frazer (think that was his rank and name spelling) was one of my Mums favourite regulars at the hotel she worked at, and yes he'd roll his eyes off screen too.

I don't think there's any your lot or my lot any more,

In 2016 33,577,342 people agreed with all that and i reckon the same thing is happening in Scotland right now which in my view is sad .

We blame the EU and Scotland blame the English but ultimately its all the same because nobody in London has worked for Britains interests since we fell into this corporate controlled globalization fantasy .

Brexit is a forced reboot . Its a vague notion but i think we all recognize that in any situation of dire need the best man for the job is typically the one reluctant to step forward , in movies its usually the limpwristed geek who saves the planet but only because mr macho saved the geek , both would rather be somewhere else . Hence politicians pretty much disqualify themselves from public respect by applying for the job .

What we have now is a two party system with nobody else to blame and an electorate wholly unimpressed by either trying to gain promotion by slagging off the other , it produces nothing and hampers everthing .

If Labor wants to topple the Torys then they must come up with workable acceptable solutions , if Tory's want to stay on top then they must show results , its going to take a while to sort the wheat from the chaff but sooner or later all must accept that people will only vote for a realistically deliverable positive plan .

That plan is public and guides the opposition on how to take control if you fail to deliver .

Lets stop digging holes and start building steps .

I've read all the comments and out of all of them there is only really one of you who makes the most sense and no, I'm not going to say who that is and leave myself open to a load of aggro!

Lets stop digging holes and start building steps .
I think there is a lot we can all agree on .The UK has a one party system , with two factions , both who agree on most of the policies they impose on the citizenry. So a bad choice is no choice at all - a chinless ex public schoolboy or a corporate robot - not that it was ever different. Once we were soft soaped , gently conned into voting for promeses that were never kept but as we have become more divided the lies have become more brazen. The balance of this latest clusterfuck is 100 ,000 dead and rising. The groundwork for this was laid by successive governments - both Labour and Tory - selling the lie that if healthcare was given over to managers and bean counters that thing would be better.
The pandemic has cleared up one thing , only 40% of the workforce are essential. Is it a coincidence that theses folks are on shit wages or that accountants , PR & marketing workers & whole other swathes of middle management aren't on the list ? MPs earned 48K a year in 2000 & are now on 80K with Nurses and Doctors getting sweet FA... No MP , King or strong leader has invented anything of worth , it's us at the bottom or knocking on the door of the middle who have invented and built anything of value or utility in this world.
Yes drink is essential to dealing with theses challenging times but seriously if we let these folks - so called left or right - get away with the preventable disaster that is Covid we are in truly deep shit.

Bad though the covid 19 pandemic is, or appears to be, it's still nothing like, or on target to be, as bad as the 1918-1920 Spanish Flu pandemic which killed somewhere between 20-50 million, depending on who's stats you look at. That's despite the massive increase in population and the relative ease and availability of global travel compared to 100+ years ago. In addition to the old and the very young, the 1918 flu variant had a much higher than normal, young adult mortality rate, the opposite of Covid 19, so that, together with advances in hospital care/treatment/drugs possibly accounts for the differences in the numbers of deaths. Compared to the early 1900's, today's "economy" relies much more heavily on leisure based industries, pubs, clubs, travel, holidays, entertainment etc, which is why it's suffering so badly at the curtailing of social freedoms in the lockdowns. Then of course we have the conspiracy theorists and the "I'm young, it won't effect me so f*ck the lockdown" brigade who are just prolonging the whole shit storm. Despite the disparity in the death rate It's a completely different situation and in many ways a worse one.

I can do the hippy shake to i've so far avoided my stepdaughters determination to put me in ponytails :angry-nono: the mrs reckons its about time i had a hairstyle for the first time in my life so i need to go to her hairdresser instead of my military barbar :icon-rolleyes:

Reported Covid deaths in the UK are seriously exaggerated because if someone is dead when paramedics arrive it is safest to assume they are infected even if its really quite obvious a heart attack took them so i'm hearing from families of the deceased , 4 times now .

One party = more Europe because it better confusticates Cronyism .

Must be half a century since i worried about what others think of my opinion i just say it as i see it maybe because i'm too old to care :lol:

Back