Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WTF Covid.

Crying shame really that scientists rid themselves of all credibility by sprouting absolute bullshit but hey ho no profit in bucking the trend with contradictory results that nobody will pay for is there now .

Its a scientifically proven fact that i'm a ghost :scared-eek: which is kinda cool :laughing-rolling:

I've smoked for 33 years see which means i died 20 times a day for all those years and moreover everyone who ever seen me smoke died to . Might have killed my dad though but he smoked around 60 a day for about 55 years :think: his dad died about the same age from the same thing and he never smoked , but he did work at cleaning power station chimneys so maybe that was it :confusion-shrug:

@goodoldboy you criticize everything as is your right , i often wonder which you hate most is it the UK , wealth or governance of any kind though i'm sure that list falls a long way short of comprehensive .
Perhaps your unaware that from an outside perspective it would appear you believe everything to be a conspiracy . We all know things ain't right with the world and so i will ask out of personal curiosity if you would share with us your very own positive and enlightened path towards a utopian society .

every time you mention human nature Shayne , as an explanation for something i ask you to define what it is or give at least some evidence about it's cause and effect.
Crying shame really that scientists rid themselves of all credibility by sprouting absolute bullshit but hey ho no profit in bucking the trend with contradictory results that nobody will pay for is there now .
some examples ? are you saying that all science is discredited ?
I've smoked for 33 years see which means i died 20 times a day for all those years and moreover everyone who ever seen me smoke died to . Might have killed my dad though but he smoked around 60 a day for about 55 years :think: his dad died about the same age from the same thing and he never smoked , but he did work at cleaning power station chimneys so maybe that was it :confusion-shrug:
A textbook example of an anecdote that has nothing to do with the science about tobacco causing cancer.

@goodoldboy you criticize everything as is your right , i often wonder which you hate most is it the UK , wealth or governance of any kind though i'm sure that list falls a long way short of comprehensive .
Perhaps your unaware that from an outside perspective it would appear you believe everything to be a conspiracy . We all know things ain't right with the world and so i will ask out of personal curiosity if you would share with us your very own positive and enlightened path towards a utopian society .

I try not to hate Shayne but i am critical of unjustified authority and wealth .There is no magic solution , no grand plan to fix everything , only looking at what's wrong & coming up with ideas about how to fix things. Just accepting things as human nature , the status quo makes us powerless.If you keep telling yourself there's no hope for change , there won't be any.As for conspiracy you keep telling us that an unelected cabal in Brussels are planning a truly dystopian future for us .
There are things we all agree on on this site - a dislike of authority , a love for simple , fixable tecnology and a desire to be left alone to make our own mistakes .Ordinary folks doing simple - and complex - everyday stuff make the world go round and we are far more powerful than we realise which is why those that rule are fond of saying " it is what it is , it's human nature , it's always been like that"

thumb_large_17f14a7bdbd97928fab9.jpg

Wow, I seem to have stumbled into the club's very own Twilight Zone.....:shock:

Probably not worth me posting much but just wanted to check a couple of things....

Take the US for example, it’s a good one to use because of all the 50 states, each has its own published statistics and data, but there was no federal “rules” to follow regarding COVID-19. Each state Governor chose how to deal with it at local level. Some had lockdown, some didn’t, some had mask mandates, others didn’t, some (one in particular) returned COVID-19 patients back to nursing homes, killing thousands, but that’s another story.

Anyway, what I’ve found interesting is that the graphs of cases and deaths for all the states are uncannily similar in shape, the numbers are different, but the curves are almost identical, even though the ‘measures’ taken were as diverse as they could possibly be.
Even state by state, if you look at when mask mandates were introduced (for example) the curves didn’t change one iota, even though Govenors introduced mask mandates on the advice of so-called medical scientists.

Isn't the fact that "the numbers are different" the whole point? The number of deaths per capita vary greatly state to state - the highest having 250+ deaths per 100k people and the lowest around 30 deaths per 100k people. With a fairly even line between the high and low points and no real outliers. So something has made a difference - what that is, is another question for another time.

See here : US Covid-19 deaths - state by state

The Chinese hacked the voting machines in the 2020 USA elections, reduced the Trump votes by several hundred thousand. I can’t prove it, but I’ve seen evidence. Twitter that, you get taken down, and by the way the democrats are behaving lately, you’ll end up in prison, even if it’s eventually proven to be true.

I have no idea whether the Chinese have or haven't hacked the US voting machines - in all probability, they have along with the Russians, the Israelis and some teenage geek in his grandma's attic, using a Commodore 64 on 56kb dial-up internet.

What I do find hard to believe, is that you have seen true evidence for this - I know you're quite well connected :icon-wink: but was this evidence not seen by Trump and his legal team (Giuliani, Powell et al)? Or any of the other Republican Party leaders - such as McConnell, Graham, Cruz or Rubio? I mean if they had such a smoking gun, surely they would have used it, in at least one of the umpteen court cases that they brought in various states across the country? At that point Trump was POTUS, the Republican's held the Senate and the SCOTUS was (and still is) dominated by pro-Republicans - so they had everything going for them to bring a case with evidence. However, every single court case, one by one, was swept aside because no evidence could be provided to justify the claims being made.

Yes, Trump did get chucked off Twitter but that was only after 6th Jan - it was game over by that point but up until then, Trump still held all the power. So it's very hard to blame the Democrats - or was that also a conspiracy?

As Karl says, we each have our views.

Ain't that the truth! :icon-wink: :thumbup:

it is what it is
Sounds like reference to my post #49 and if it is you should know I knocked once on his door and within the hour he was taken into some kind of witness protection program shipped overseas where he drank himself to death . So you see i really don't care what the paperwork says .

And once again you have discredited everything with nothing , if you need evidence of human nature i'm forced to ask what planet do you live on ?

As for Clive i'm happy to state he is without a doubt the most level-headed , decisive , amiable and logical tinfoil hat wearing hippy i ever had the pleasure to meet . What is it you do for a living Clive , something along the lines of sorting evidence into a clear narrative for court presentation so discrepancies between publicly funded and private contracts can be ruled upon , or something like that anyway - bloody pen pusher , but there's no question you love that Flinstone powered 80 of yours so we forgive you :lol:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back to the Covid Bug had a blood test few days ago and talking to the nurse asked her how bad is it she replied Really Bad like constant ten pin bowling and getting them all down now im not particularly worried about the bug and out of curiosity asked where am I on the jab list was told group seven whatever that meant so now it appears I get me bug jab a week on Friday and for all you morbid souls out there I will let you know if I did die from complications as soon as I can

And once again you have discredited everything with nothing , if you need evidence of human nature i'm forced to ask what planet do you live on ?
You're making the claim , it's up to you to defend it .You use it as an explanation without example or context.

" Human nature is a concept that denotes the fundamental dispositions and characteristics—including ways of thinking, feeling, and acting—that humans are said to have naturally.[1][2][3][4] The term is often used to denote the essence of humankind, or what it 'means' to be human. This usage has proven to be controversial in that there is dispute as to whether or not such an essence actually exists.
Plenty more food for thought here

Which claim what ?

I'm forced to submit guesses to the scientific community on a daily basis so they can gravy train the hell out of it before submitting the results they were told to find before they began - as FACTS :icon-rolleyes:

Human nature = we are animals at our very core , Neanderthals , little more than fight or flight apes and really can't be bothered to explain beyond that so i will just copy and paste an extract from more scientist paid a daft amount of money to discover the blatantly bloody obvious .

"Although variable in form, every animal society has some form of dominance hierarchy20,21. Hierarchy is defined as priority of access to resources and probability of winning competitive encounters22 and reflects underlying assymetries in power. "

Of course there are scientists that do deserve respect because they do something useful rather than just peddling propaganda for their corporate cash cows .

Back to the Covid Bug had a blood test few days ago and talking to the nurse asked her how bad is it she replied Really Bad like constant ten pin bowling and getting them all down now im not particularly worried about the bug and out of curiosity asked where am I on the jab list was told group seven whatever that meant so now it appears I get me bug jab a week on Friday and for all you morbid souls out there I will let you know if I did die from complications as soon as I can
im sure you will be fine. both my parents had it weeks ago. both had pretty bad flu like symptoms for 24hrs.

We had ours on 10th Feb, in Edinburgh (Oxford Astrazeneca version). My wife felt a bit 'off' for a couple of days but I was fine (just slight soreness around the injection site if I lay on it at night).

A neighbour had the 'under 70s' jab - different location and different vaccine (Pfizer-Biontec). He had 'the cold shivers' for a few hours - fine after that.

I haven't heard of anyone having a really bad reaction.

Bob.

Human nature = we are animals at our very core ,
On a very basic level yes .we can move around have senses etc. but there are fundamental differences between us and even our closest primate cousins .
"Although variable in form, every animal society has some form of dominance hierarchy
but we have a human society where the norms are made by choice.Our existence isn't just about instinct or reflex , we have the ability to reason , plan , reflect and shape our environment. That's why we drive Landcruisers and chimps are still swinging from the trees .You said something like " i see something , i want some , human nature " that maybe true but all sorts of convention , morality and social norms mediate that.Helping yourself to your neighbors stuff doesn't tend to go down too well.
As I said the concept of human nature is up for debate .Those who use the idea of human nature to excuse the worst traits of humanity tend also to dismiss the idea that empathy and cooperation are part of our makeup.The idea that we are prisoners to our so called animal instincts is favored by those who think they should be in charge to control us , to keep a lid on things. The hierarchy we have is man made , imposed on us by those who mostly by accident of birth are in positions of power.
In the pub car park challenge after closing time i wouldn't be backing Starmer , Johnson or Rhees Mogg. My money would be with the youths from the local council estate .

You can't prove it Clive because it didn't happen.

Well with respect GOB, your statement that it didn’t happen is as strong (or weak) as mine - that it did.

What normally happens when there are two opposing statements, neither of which are supported? They’re given equal status until such time as one or the other are proven. I would never dream of calling you a conspiracy theorist for saying it didn’t happen.

I‘ve seen some very compelling evidence that it did happen, and I stand by my statement until the truth is out.

If I’m proven to be wrong, then I’ll gladly concede, but to be labeled a “conspiracy theorist“ for simply seeking the truth and caring about upholding liberty and free elections, is - IMO - diabolical.

Further, to be banned from social media for suggesting it should be investigated, is utterly dreadful in the western world.

The term ‘conspiracy theorist’ spawned from the CIA when someone suggested that it wasn’t a lone gunman who shot JFK in 1962 in Dallas. The CIA dummed down anyone who questioned the official line, but of course now we know, the assassination was orchestrated by the CIA, and involved many high ranking government and security officials, the mafia and even the Vice President at the time Lyndon Johnson.

That says it all to me. Nuff said.

What I do find hard to believe, is that you have seen true evidence for this - I know you're quite well connected :icon-wink: but was this evidence not seen by Trump and his legal team (Giuliani, Powell et al)? Or any of the other Republican Party leaders - such as McConnell, Graham, Cruz or Rubio? I mean if they had such a smoking gun, surely they would have used it, in at least one of the umpteen court cases that they brought in various states across the country? At that point Trump was POTUS, the Republican's held the Senate and the SCOTUS was (and still is) dominated by pro-Republicans - so they had everything going for them to bring a case with evidence. However, every single court case, one by one, was swept aside because no evidence could be provided to justify the claims being made.

The truth is @chadr the lawsuits that went before the SCOTUS were either deferred, or they were deemed ‘without standing’ meaning they either put them into a drawer to be opened later (after Biden was sworn in) or they were returned unopened to the complainant, respectively.

Bottom line, the evidence provided, tons of it, has never been looked at till now. One case has since been upheld by the SCOTUS, so the fact that irregularities occurred has been proven. The extent of it is yet to be discovered. More deferred cases are yet to be opened.

As for me, I’m not well connected in any shape or form, I just take an interest in these things and do my own research. My job (as @Shayne touched on, is preparing cases for contractors who have a legitimate claim against their counterpart under the contract they operate under, the Employer or Owner of the project.

That requires investigation, establishing the facts, presenting the contractual and legal merits of the claim, calculating the entitlement (if any) and presenting the case to the appointed adjudicator, arbitrator or court of law (depending on the dispute resolution procedures under the respective contract). Yeah, I admit I’m just a pen-pusher, as Shayne put it :lol: . I‘m also on the team as Counsel for the claimant or as in some cases, an expert witness as they call it, depending on the case.

By the way, nobody in the construction industry calls me a conspiracy theorist just because I’ve brought a claim to the attention of a judgement authority. For the record, we win over 98% of the cases we present.

My beef with the USA is not a matter of Trump/Biden or red or blue, it’s about the transparency and legitimacy of the electoral process. The 2020 election was marred because under the veil of COVID-19, and the pretense that social distancing meant that postal ballots should be allowed, this opened up the possibly for fraudulent ballots to go into the count. In one state 13,000 votes were cast by dead people, and that has since been officially verified under a court order to validate every ballot. In some of the 5 swing states, the margin between red and blue votes was as low as 10,000, which shows that a few dead people’s votes (alone) could swing the state.

I mentioned the CCP, but they weren‘t alone. About 10 or 12 countries were involved including the UK. This doesn’t mean the UK Government, it means a faction operating in the UK. A data audit has been done of the server traffic on 3 November 2020 and every ‘exchange’ that took place between the voting machines and devices connected to them has been recorded, noting the IP address of the device, the owner of the device, the exchange, the country and domain of the device, and so forth. The exchange was in all cases, the deletion of red votes from the machine’s count. Some were several hundred, others tens of thousands, depending on the real-time count and how many votes at the time had to be deleted, in order for the blue votes to prevail. All a very well coordinated effort, as Biden publically announced.

We shall see what happens, this 2020 election has been like a Hollywood movie, twists and turns, plot and counter-plot, I’ve really enjoyed the show.

It’s just sad to see the contempt shown for upholding true democracy, that’s all, especially in the country that is known as the ‘free-world’.

I live in an ex-communist country, and the revolution in 1989 took the lives of some 15,000 innocents to bring about democracy. Sadly, elections are manipulated here too, but at least everyone knows about it and admits to it.

End of my contribution to this post, thank you Frank :lol:

Back