Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

WTF Covid.

Yes. And alot
can you quantify that ?
I personally know people too
pure anecdote and meaningless in any debate unless backed up by verifiable data.Unless you have anything that could plausibly pass for scientific facts I would respectfully ask that you STFU .
I don't think we should criticise or make fun of the anti vaxers, I don't agree with it but it is their choice and they should be free to make it.
it's not their choice that is the problem Chas but the fact that this antivaxx bullshit is being propagated as "fact" , by some who actually know better & are profiting from the genuine fear and ignorance of part of the population .Freedom of choice or free speech doesn't include shouting "FIRE " crowded theater .No moral principle is limitless.

Are governments cynically using a health emergency to increase their powers ? yep you bet but at the same time they've left 10s of thousands of folks die needlessly.
They want to see how many individuals will, of their own volition, carry on wearing face masks. Avoiding close contact with others. Sanitising their hands at every opportunity.

They want to see how many businesses will buckle under pressure, and implement the government's medical apartheid policy, demanding that people divulge their confidential medical history, and refusing entry to their premises to all who exercise what used to be their right to decline a medical procedure.

They want to see whether their gargantuan propaganda campaign has succeeded in brainwashing sufficient numbers of people into accepting permanent restrictions on their lives, even helping enforce said restrictions through social pressure on the 'refuseniks', and thus normalising pointless authoritarianism.
so lets have some proof.or is this just the usual conspiracy nonsense ?

Fraud was committed on my own nans death certificate ! That is enough for me to question what the hell is going on.

We were in and out the hospital whilst all this was going on. Very few waring masks and anything else. Granted it was the end of life part of the hospital. I kept asking myself what is actually going on. The media and papers were saying one thing and I was seeing something else.

Yes there is clinical trial data about side effects of vaccines, I saw a lot but that’s where science of pharmacovigilance comes. If any of you remember when we go for getting vaccine they ask if you have X,Y,Z conditions.
clinical trial data is analysed and vaccine is best for certain population. Based on that research health care professionals decide which vaccine is best for whom

Karl I am with you on this.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ok with the pro vaccine and anti vax. What would any of you do if you are the PM or head of govt?
Scientific evidence shows that vaccine has benefit but has some risk and benifit outweighs risk.
Covid is going to cripple the nation, too many deaths and hospitalisations that our current health system cant handle.
Masks ok they are not entirely good but can prevent spread to vulnerable from super spreaders.

Karl I am with you on this.

I really wish I was wrong Raj. We have such an issue. No one locally is dying thank god. the ones that have have underlining health issues and have gone down as cv. I did a search on the local deaths in my postcode area and we had 12.

I had to show my mum the death rates on the ons because she was starting to believe the news. we were on a five year low. The info is out there for all to see. most are so sucked into the fear they cant use there own heads.

I've been to the hospital a few times recently. I'm genuinely exempt from wearing a mask. They told me they dont except exemption 'company policy' that doesnt over ride the equality act 2010.

we are being blackmailed to take tests to have any kind of treatment. THIS IS NOT NORMAL OR RIGHT.

there is lot of real data. A close friend of mine is a radiologist, he didnt work for 1.5 years as at the start of covid he saw patients with lung disorders due to coivd and how its killing healthy individuals. He has a vulnerable mother to care for so he didnt work. After 1.5 years he got back to work and called me to tell that this new varient is more dangerous than the original one, out of 100 patients he scan every day, 30 to 50 are covid related and young people are just dying because of covid

If you test positive for Covid but then die of a heart attack the cause of death on the certificate must list Covid. If you die from Covid obviously that is noted as the cause of death.

Actually Frank. If you test positive within 28days of dying it's on the certificate.

Do you think its morally right that it goes down if you get hit by a bus? Its fabricating numbers. They are testing healthy people. It's a very cleaver thing that's happening

I got my first jab (Pfizer) on Sunday. Knocked me for 6 for 24 hours, but back to normal now. I'm a well educated person, and an educator myself. I have a realistic view of things, and have had plenty of good and bad in my life, and I stand by the principle of Occam's Razor. (If you don't know it, basically it states that in the face of multiple possible complex explanations, the simplest is most often the correct one if you strip back all the over complex possibilities).

Now, for me, either there is a clandestine attempt globally (but only really in the developed world) involving tens of thousands of government workers to assert a controlling regime on populations of sheep through a manipulated dataset for a new communicable disease, and a complex restriction plan that confuses the masses into submission....

Or...

A new highly contagious disease emerged (much in the way that SARS, H5N1 etc..) that couldn't be controlled. Governments around the world went into a flap and did what they could to slow it down, namely keeping people at home. They have reacted to an ever changing situation and have immense pressure to do the 'right thing'. This thing will burn out, and vaccination is part of that. We have vaccines for many things that have been controlled - without the 1984-esque control.

Do you really belive that a state authority that couldn't keep a few drunken idiots with no tickets out of Wembley last Sunday, could organise this conspiracy and leave no paper trail...

I also have a cousin who works in a relatively well connected post in the Home Office in London... she somehow has not heard talk of the conspiracy/cover up/plan for totalitarian control.. she just got her vaccine and went to a restaurant for her birthday...

Just checking where to get a yellow star to sew on my sleeve.
Will one also be required to carry a bell and ring it every 30 paces calling out 'unclean'.
this is a proper insult to victims of the Holocaust , No one is proposing to exterminate antivaxxers. Take a close look at the world from Hong Kong to Iran , via Cuba , Saudi Arabia & China & then tell me that your rights are being squashed . The US , UK & Spain alone have recorded more than 700 000 deaths . The scientific advice to limit the spread of a highly contagious desease is that we wear masks , keep a distance of at least 2M & avoid non essential contact with others.The idea that , in the face of this any inconvenience is an attack on your freedom is frankly infantile.
As for being forced to carry a bell , I for one think that is should be obligatory for antivaxxers.

I met a chap a couple of days ago who said he had been abducted by aliens but they sent him back because he hadn't had the jabs, he said they told him they couldn't take the risk. ;)

277342AC-A517-47DE-9D46-CA28E3D5CACB.jpeg

If it's from that prat I don't want to hear it!

Back