Yam rd 50
Honda 250 superdream x2
Honda CB 400/4 super sport
Honda CB 750 Horizon
Suzuki GT something
Kawasaki GPZ500
Kawasaki GPX600
Kawasaki z250
I didn't do a bike list because I just couldn't remember them all. Your list brings back a few memories though like a 550/4, GT750, GPZ 500 (long term borrow) and the GPX750 that I could outride slingshots and early blades on. None of this side saddle crap back then, just sit upright and bury it into the corners. I love the Blade I have now but it has no character like my older machines. I even owned a few Brits, yes they did fall to bits like a LR but they had fantastic presence :D

Okay, I'm not on a par with some of you cats but lets play this one anyway... :mrgreen:

Cars

Fiesta 1.0 Popular - the Beigemobile, simples
Nova 1.4 SR - white, nice
Saab 900 2-door - red, no frills
Vulva V40 - ex. high miler company car, heap
Renault 'The Race' Grande Espace - silver, junk
Tonka - our Colorado (still got)
Muxley - my 80 (still got)

In amongst them I also had:

'72 classic beetle - old school Cal looked :cool:
205 1.9 GTi - white, nice, mmm

And bikes

Honda Hornet - 600, yellow, loved it
Yam R1 - blue, fast, love it

Would think about trading the Yam for a big trail style bike though... Anyone, anyone...?? :cool:

Some of you lot must have had 2 or 3 new cars some years... I have a new (used) car every 3 or 4 years tops :cry:

Bikes are a different story though :p

Cars:
- Datsun Stanza 1600 (put a 2L Skyline motor & box in it)
- Pug 206
- BMW 323
- LC95

Bikes:
- Suzuki DR500
- Suzuki Katana 750
- Suzuki Katana 1100
- Yamaha ZZR1100
- Suzuki TL1000R (Marvics, Ohlins, PC, etc)
- Another TL1000R (Same as above but with carbon everything and hot motor. Should have kept the 1st one.)
- Brand new Suzuki GSXR1000K5 (Caused mad giggling when accelerating hard ! 100mph in 1st gear :lol: )
- Suzuki GSXR750K6 (had to sell this one to save my license - was a VERY sad day)
- KTM Superduke R (figured if I got caught I would be doing less than 100mph so could talk my way out of jail time...)
- Suzuki DRZ400 (half way through a BB kit install)

DSCF0056.thumb.jpg00009_G.thumb.jpg850R_15.thumb.jpgIMG_0211.thumb.jpg
1979 Ford Econline 7.5L V8 - sold
1996 Volvo 850 Estate - sold
1996 Volvo 850R Estate - crushed
1997 LC80 - current

IMG_0044.thumb.jpgIMG_0200.thumb.jpgIMG_3718.thumb.jpg
19?? Minsk 125cc two-stroke, only one in the UK - SORN
2002 Honda Cityfly 125cc - auctioned
2007 KTM 640 Adventure - current

Gav Peter said:
Would think about trading the Yam for a big trail style bike though... Anyone, anyone...?? :cool:

Hi Gav,

I also had a good array of road bikes, some real 'pocket rockets'

But now I am more than happy with my big trialy.

My 750 Africa Twin has more than enough grunt for what I want. More than enough to lose a licence, but then all bikes can do that, in a blink of an eye, or a 'grin twist'

Plus when I ride for the full day, it don't kill my shoulders, like the Kawasakis's did.

Graham

[quote="fridayman"

Bikes:
- Suzuki DR500
[/quote]

I had the Suzuki RM500.
Single cylinder, twin stroke, air cooled, propper off roader.

AKA - Killing machine.

I ended most of the off road track days with more injuries with this killer, than all my other bikes put together.
Every time I went out almost, it was on a mission to kill me.
Man was it fast though, leathally fast throught the fields and tracks.

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had the Suzuki RM500.
Single cylinder, twin stroke, air cooled, propper off roader.

AKA - Killing machine.

I ended most of the off road track days with more injuries with this killer, than all my other bikes put together.
Every time I went out almost, it was on a mission to kill me.
Man was it fast though, leathally fast throught the fields and tracks.

Graham[/quote]

The DR was a good 1st bike, but a bit tame. I would love a moto'd RM500. Or a CR500 moto. We had an IT465 in the garage for a while but never got it going (maybe a good thing).

Gav Peter said:

Gav, I have been put off riding bikes regularly years ago but I must agree. Some of the BMW's are pretty cool looking. I cant even get in a car without crawling over most speed limits so on a bike no chance. Thats why I like my cruisers. If you go fast its going to cost. So I potter.

Didnt include my bikes on the first list.

Suzuki X1
Honda MB5
Suzuki X1
Honda Melody :oops:
Suzuki X7
Suzuki GSX250
Yamaha DT125 (for the dirt only)
Yamaha XJ550 (Miriham)
Honda CX500 (Maggot)
Suzuki GSX1200 Bandit (still have)
Honda XR650 Overlander
Suzuki Hayabusa (full power)

fridayman said:
Some of you lot must have had 2 or 3 new cars some years... I have a new (used) car every 3 or 4 years tops :cry:
Some of my list is a bit cheeky really. I used to buy a car, do some work on it and sell it on. Some of them were owned for just a couple of weeks or so. There were far more than the list, I just can't remember them. I had a soft spot for the old Fords because they were so easy to work on.
When I was at HMS Sultan, the commander gave me and my mate half a hanger to work in. We bought and sold cars by the dozen until the tax man came after us saying we were dealers :lol: Good job it was at the same time I got drafted onto HMS Coventry otherwise I might have had to dig deep :naughty:

Back