Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Norcounty

Would you recommend Norcounty to a friend?

• Definitely, nothing beats them!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• No chance, worst insurance company ever

• Total voters

Rob

Garage
Well gave them a call and I got a quote for £456 fully comp £100 excess including commuting :thumbup: I'm over 25 and have only got 2 years NCB. This is by far the cheapest quote I have every had for any car :shock: Highway insurance as underwriters so decent incurance, however how is Norcounty's customer service when things go bad?

You have 2 brilliant ladies at Norcounty - Jennifer and Lorraine. They will sort out any issues.

Highly recommended :thumbup: - I've insured 3 vehicles with them to date.

I was insured with them for a couple of years with my last Vitara, all mods listed :D Met them at one of the 4x4 shows and had a quote done, but fell out of favor with them when I changed from the Vitara to the Cruiser as when I sold the Vitara I bought a £500 Volvo S70 as an in between car and they charged me £80 to cancel the insurance on the Vitara before they'd insure the Volvo (couldn't just transfer between the vehicles) gave me the hump so I left them :|

Rob said:
Well gave them a call and I got a quote for £456 fully comp £100 excess including commuting :thumbup: I'm over 25 and have only got 2 years NCB. This is by far the cheapest quote I have every had for any car :shock: Highway insurance as underwriters so decent incurance, however how is Norcounty's customer service when things go bad?

If you go 'off-road' at all, I would suggest that you check your policy wording carefully. The policy document that I have from Highway lists off-road as being excluded (Para 7, page 38). Apart from that specific problem, it seemed pretty sound.

I have checked the policy wording and BOATs and UCRs (which is not offroad) are covered but only with one passenger. They way I see it, if I damage it offroad then its my problem.

Rob said:
They way I see it, if I damage it offroad then its my problem.
That has always been my view, imagine how expensive cover for a visit to a woodland P&P site would have to be!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Jon Wildsmith said:
Rob said:
They way I see it, if I damage it offroad then its my problem.
That has always been my view, imagine how expensive cover for a visit to a woodland P&P site would have to be!
P&P sites yes, it's your own risk, but surely insurance should cover green lanes, if you are on a BOAT that's a road and should be covered :think:

If the policy has a general exclusion for off-road and you go laning then you should check with the underwriters whether they consider a BOAT etc to be off-road if you want to be safe. Should you need to make a claim from an incident on a byway you could end up arguing about that in court and having to prove, in a legal sense, that a BOAT is a Road (what is a Road then in law?) and therefore not off-road. It's a complicated subject, I'm sure the barristers could have a field day arguing that one back and forth! If the underwriters say any legal vehicular right of way is a road then you're ok, otherwise ...

Rob said:
I have checked the policy wording and BOATs and UCRs (which is not offroad) are covered but only with one passenger. They way I see it, if I damage it offroad then its my problem.

Damage is one thing, but consider your exposure if you injured/killed someone!!!!

That gets covered by the event organiser. I have only ever been off road at organised events with a fee.

Rob said:
That gets covered by the event organiser. I have only ever been off road at organised events with a fee.

Great if that's the only off-roading you will do, but what if you park in a field when you go fishing? The permutations of non-insured off-roading are endless....

It might be helpful to get some comments from Norcounty here - or any other broker/insurer for that matter.....

That would not be classed as "off road" as the insurance company would deem that as a reasonable method of gaining access to a certain area. Same condition would apply to normal 2 wheel drive vehicles parked in a field when fishing. If we use your definition of "off road" then every time you park your car on a driveway or carpark then your are invalidating your insurance as you have driven off the public highway and therefore "off road". If however you were driving your vehicle in a private field/wood for no other reason other than for the purpose of driving it "off road" and you are not covered by the event holders insurance then the off road clause comes into effect. Even hunting or landowners would not fall under this clause as they have driven "off road" for a purpose other than just to "off road".

I have had may conversations with insurance companies about this and all of them will eventually confirm the above.

And no I am not a lawyer, nor does my work have anything to do with the law so the above should be taken as my opinion.

Back