Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Site slow

Bat21

Supporter
Country Flag
morocco
Is it just me or is it like wading through treacle here, started last night and got progressively slower :icon-cry:

Been very slow for me.

Just taken 10 mins for the main page to load. :thumbdown:

I've had the same problem for a few days now.

Jesus guys, you want to try from 8,000 miles away.
Given up a few times.

May be it it he invasion of the hackers?

Gra.

Yep - site under a bit of 'load' at the moment, predominantly from people trying to get in.... CP is working on a solution with the hosting company.

Cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm also not receiving emails informing me of posts or PM's.
and yes I have checked and you've not inadvertantly been added to my blocked senders list.

Last edited:
The site will move to a new server over the weekend when hopefully most of you are asleep :lol:

There may be a slight outage while the forum moves physically and DNS change propagation takes place but hopefully you won't notice much of an impact. More details to follow ....

Short version: I’ll be moving to a new server / host over the weekend and all should be better.

Long version: Yup, I’ve been having a fun time with the support guys and account “managers” with this over the last few weeks. Starting to think they really are a bunch of monkeys. I’m sure I invented some new swear words when one guy said to me “well, have you tried rebooting it”
New server is up and running now so I’ll start the move tonight or tomorrow. The only downtime you should see is while I disable the board to do a backup of the DB and move that over. This should be about 10 minutes or so and you’ll see a message while this is happening.
Once the move has been done you’ll be able to use it as normal. There should be no issue with the domain propagation – those who are slow to update will just be using the old site while those which are quicker will move across sooner. The content will stay the same though regardless of which version you are using.
At worst though you should all move across after 8 hours (I think that is the TTL)
What’s been happening:

Basically, I’m being nailed by cnuts from the over yonder (looks towards Graham’s neighbours) and they crippling the server when they do it. Load averages sitting around 23.0 20.0 25.0 (15 minute intervals) when they’re “at it” While it is happening everything stops working. The firewall on the package I was one was a software server based so while it protected the server, it was crippling the server. New option has a separate one.

It’s been a real pain in the arse as other sites I have on the server which actually make me money are not working. Here’s hoping this will all go away now…

I’ll stick a banner up before I start the process.

CP

Hope all goes well Cris.... server moves are always an edge of the seat occasion and such a relief when it all comes back up as it should.

You can always stick it back on my server if they still cause problems for your commercial sites on the new server.

Don't forget my offer.... I have a data centre ready to host and can provide a server for nowt if needed......

Was very slow for me this morning but ok now

i had problems logging in asked me to reset my user name and password , so i did and then i had to log back on and then told me my new user name and pass word did not exist so i gave the odd ones a try and it let me in, so not to sure what that was about??:think:

I'm also not receiving emails informing me of posts or PM's.
and yes I have checked and you've not inadvertantly been added to my blocked senders list.

Same here Chas.

Havnt received any email notifications all day. :doh:

I'm sure Cris will get it sorted though. :thumbup:

Check in your spam folders - some have been going there due to firewall and port changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That was the first thing I did Gary as that has happened to me before, but none in there this time. :icon-smile:

'morning all :icon-biggrin:

Well I see the banner, and all is working really fast?
May be it's because all you guys are sleeping :sleeping-sleep:

Any way, lets hope the revisions will keep the forum running at CRH380A speeds or may be even CRH500 speeds
To save you looking,,,,,,,,
CRH380A top speed 471km/h, design running 380km/h
CRH500 expected top speed almost 600km/h, design running 500km/h.

Gra.

Back