Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Wanted: LC 80 3rd row seats!

Ale

Hi Guys

I'm looking at a few Imported Series 80's (Joinerman's included), which don't have the 3rd row of seats. I was wondering if anybody had any spare ones they don't use and would part with. Given most of you seem to be fitting drawers and the like, I guess their may be some cluttering up some of your garages somewhere!

Just really seeing what's out there before I decide vehicle wise, as ideally want some flexibility seat wise. Post back or PM me if you have any. Ideally in leather!

Also I'm guessing I'd need the seat belts also, as I think they're 3 point ones. Are these easy to retrofit ?

Would also be happy to consider just a single seat!

thanks

Al

You also need the side mounting bars and floor latches. I think I have just about all of that including grey leather seats. But where it all is I really couldn't say. On the GS and GX plus the Limited versions that came without seats, I can't actually say if all the mounting points are there or not. Generally with Toyotas, the necessary holes are there. If not, it would be quite a job fitting them.

ok thanks for your help Chris. Helpful as ever! Looking at the pics for Joinerman's car, he seems to have the floor latch, but where does the mounting bar mount to the vehicle, is this at the join of the floor carpet to the side plastic trim? I'll check with him later to see if this is there.

but thanks for the offer - if that was an offer! Grey leather it might be, depending on which car we end up with :)

Cheers

Al

Yes it was of sorts but I wasn't twisting your arm. Just that I have probably got most of those bits. Someone else might have some but not all you know. Can't say what I have done with the seat belts though but I have a lot in storage. The side bars are like the hinges in effect that the seats pivot up and down on to fold away. I deff have those. They bolt onto the wheel arch / tub.

From what I remember my rear seats are barely used. They're in the loft. I was keeping them to use for repair material but don't think I need it now.

Retro fitting rear seats to an 80 is quite an involved job but by no means difficult. The mounting rod mountings need to be sourced and chopped out of a breaker and welded in place on the wheel arch, then the floor latches need cutting out of the floor of a breaker and installing in the floor. When all this is done and a couple of roof handles have been installed so one can hang them up out of the way you find that someone forgot at the factory forgot to install any mounting points for the rear seat belts!! This self installation of seat belt mountings may be a grey area, I dont know on that one, but I do know they are not in place on a Cruiser that was factory built without the third row of seats.
Hope this helps.
Running an import without the extra seats gives so much room and de-clutters the interior compared with a VX.

Andy

Back