Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series resurrection.

What an Epic build thread. Very impressed. Wouldn't know where to start on a project like this. Stripping down a vehicle lie is easy, I have done that before. But reassembling it very tricky. Well done, look forward to more updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice build, a lot of hard work gone into that.

What an Epic build thread. Very impressed. Wouldn't know where to start on a project like this. Stripping down a vehicle lie is easy, I have done that before. But reassembling it very tricky. Well done, look forward to more updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ayup Andy, think we both have a thing about Cruisers and Hilux'es, Thanks for the comments and plenty more to come yet. :thumbup:

Mate, I so wanted to say something intelligent, poignant and pithy. But after trawling though that all I came up with was

F***!

Sorry. But that all I got.

We're at Holymudslide this weekend. I may set fire to my truck.

A brand new 25 year old truck anyone? About as near as you're going to get. What a rebuild. Some SERIOUS dedication there! Top man:thumbup::thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Mate, I so wanted to say something intelligent, poignant and pithy. But after trawling though that all I came up with was

F***!

Sorry. But that all I got.

Hi Chris, mm I thought your flabber would be gasted after that lot, when we met in Feb. I did sort of promise to start a thread and get back on the forum and am sorry about the delay but as you can see, bin a bit busy lately. And F### is a good comment so thanks for that and feel free to drop down for a lick ah mean look anytime mate. Thankyou.

A brand new 25 year old truck anyone? About as near as you're going to get. What a rebuild. Some SERIOUS dedication there! Top man:thumbup::thumbup:

Ha ha Towpack, it's clean but the body does let it down a bit, Thankyou for that, underneath the back end is cleaner than my kitchen really and yes it has so far been a lot of work. :thumbup: cheers.

You're a braver (or madder) man than me Chris, but I'd love to do that to mine.

I can't believe how rusty it looks though, I hope for your sake it's not as bad as it looks :?

Great job:thumbup:

Great job happening maan! This job here is near the same as doing a hj60!

Remember 80 folks. .. that little bit of rust forming WILL turn into the rust extent here.:think: If not addressed sooner than later!

Looking forward to seeing more. :thumbup:

You're a braver (or madder) man than me Chris, but I'd love to do that to mine.

I can't believe how rusty it looks though, I hope for your sake it's not as bad as it looks :?

Great job:thumbup:

Hi Clive, barring a few manageable hidden cavities this truck close to rust free, am reckoning on regular crawl arounds underneath with various spray products lined up!

Thanks.

Great job happening maan! This job here is near the same as doing a hj60!

Remember 80 folks. .. that little bit of rust forming WILL turn into the rust extent here.:think: If not addressed sooner than later!

Looking forward to seeing more. :thumbup:

More to come Iwan.. thankyou

Chris that is looking so good wot a good job love the pics it's a big :thumbup:From Tony.

Chris that is looking so good wot a good job love the pics it's a big :thumbup:From Tony.

Thanks Tony, glad you like it, just been out there to see whats next altho' there's some pic's to upload from last week which will bring this new thread up to date. :thumbup:

Did some work last week or shoud we say "started to nick bits off the '95 truck. :?

Getting ready to bleed the brakes from totally dry;
004_38.jpg

Pinching the 2" lift Dobinson springs from the soon to become 'donor' truck!!

001_42.jpg

Dobbo on the right;

002_46.jpg

They were a beggar to get out;

004_39.jpg

2 minutes in an old barrel shot peening machine at work;

002_47.jpg

003_42.jpg

Into primer;

004_40.jpg

Can ya see em? :icon-biggrin:001_43.jpg

On they pop, a lot easier as everything is loose built on the new truck;

003_43.jpg

Haven't used the 40mm spring spacers, they were there originally to level the truck after the lift.

Thats how things stand today so we're up to date, The red '95 trucks Mot runs out today so that will be 'sorned' / robbed / used as a shed for a bit.. (do feel sad a bit). :confusion-waiting:

I'm impressed, an epic task you took on there Chris..... and as you only started at 09:24 yesterday morning, that makes it even more impressive :icon-biggrin:

Ha ha Mr Bat, hi, yes quite an undertaking, you should have seen the pile of bacon sarnies for the 41 people involved in the 'one day makeover'. :thumbup:

Seriously wish it was like that, there's actually 5 months effort in there and still a way to go. Thanks.

Hey Chris, no idea if you are intending to sell when you've finished (I'm guessing it's a keeper!) but just wondering what sort value you (or anyone else on the forum for that matter) would put on a truck that's had a rebuild as thorough as this one? With the inflated prices some quite shabby 80's are fetching these days I would say easily north of £10k, probably a LOT more IMO.

Back